Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino: Carnival World Buffet

3700 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV

LGBT
    Tiffany Cheung
    3 Jul 19, 2014

This was the first meal of my group's Vegas trip, and it was okay. It did not blow our minds because of such awesome food, but was decent. We got here around 6 PM on a Friday and the line was not too long. About a half hour or less wait. We were seated quickly and ordered drinks. The buffet is separated into different types of cuisines - salads, Asian, Mexican, carving station, American, Italian, etc. There was a lot of variety, but the food itself did not look too appetizing. About Home Town Buffet style.

The best things here were the gelato and the prime rib. The prime rib was pretty succulent and juicy. It melted in my mouth - was super soft ... that made the whole meal. The mashed potatoes, salad, sushi (they had salmon rolls too!) were pretty good. The crab legs - people waited so long for them - were all right. Because they weren't cut, you have to ask the waitress/waiter for a prying device to pry out the meat. Not very convenient, but if you like to work for your food, this is definitely for you. I watched as a man pretty much fished for crab legs. He stood there taking out all the big ones and by the end had two whole plates of the legs ... The popcorn shrimp was tasty! I loaded up on some Asian veggies, too. After that, I hit the dessert station. Not too much that's absolutely 100% delicious ... I do recommend the gelato (especially the strawberry sorbet and the orange! The coffee tasted like alcohol, according to my friends). I wasn't able to try the banana cream pie, but I heard it was delicious. There are random cookies, cakes, pies, but I was so stuffed that I couldn't really work up an appetite to eat anything besides the gelato and a fruit tart. :)

Overall, not bad. I have heard that this buffet is the top three out of the six Buffet of Buffet's. (And if this is just A-Ok, the others aren't that much greater, huh?) For the choice of selection, it really isn't bad. I would have to say that this was my least favorite out of the three buffets that I ate at Vegas.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersFamily TravelersFoodies
  • Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino: Carnival World BuffetPro 2014
    Jason Planck
    4 Nov 12, 2013

Great food place to eat and live food station. don't forget to watch for the skys for live carnival that goes off.

Raquel
    5 Jul 19, 2013

Yum, Yum , yum. So many choices and so many great foods. Worth the wait and price. My favorite was the sugar free homemade chocolate ice cream.

Truc Nguyen
    5 Apr 03, 2013

My most favorite buffet place in Vegas thus far!!!! They have an awesome set up. It's like traveling from culture to culture to have a taste of their cuisine, neverending!!! The stations keep going and going and going and more! The best thing ever is the unlimited gelato! That's where I get my money back! Awesome coconut gelato!!!! The mint, strawberry, chocolate, everything else is good too! The other desserts are good too!! Everything is good! Especially brunch on the weekends, you get unlimited champagne and you get crab legs!!! Sooo good!! I can't wait to go back!

Ian Wang
    3 Dec 30, 2012

Good selection of food, but its lower quality compared to some of the buffets on the strip. Lots of crap and seafood which makes the overall value worth it however you shouldnt expect anything spetacular

Sarah Kelley
    4 Dec 20, 2012

Plan the entire 24 hours around eating. Include the Flamingo Champagne brunch (weekends only), seafood at the Rio, and don't miss the buffet at Planet Hollywood. You get a choice of 7 buffets!

Become a "Total Rewards" member at any of the participating hotels to save $10.

Billiam Yapp
    4 Oct 06, 2012

I really liked this place. Like most buffets in vegas, the rio buffet has different stations for different styles of food. They have a great variety of food, and dessert. I would probably put this place pretty high on my list of vegas buffets.

Jim Barton
    4 Sep 26, 2012

One of the best casino/hotel buffets in the city. It's all you can eat and the selection is huge.

Ning
    2 Aug 29, 2012

My Asian aunts and uncles seem to love the variety available, but the quality is not up to par. It might have been delicious in its heyday, but when I went it was pricey for mediocre food.

Laura S

Three words: unlimited crab legs

That itself sells buffet to me. I love crab and shrimp and unlimited... Sold. I'm the type of person who... If I go to a buffet... I'll eat my money's worth or even more than the cost. I know crab legs are pricey... So i filled up on rab legs and ate a lot. It was like my own 'Boiling Crab' there.

There are other selections but honestly didn't pay as much attention bc of my whole food/price ratio. I had this delicious sausage (that's what she said) and ome greens... But it was mainly the crab legs. It has no taste but you go to another kind of dish you liked (if the sauce I like) - pour the sauce on the crab. Yum. (yes, I can be ghetto like that).

The price for lunch is $27 includes alcohol.

Service
    Standard. Had to ask for honey several times.

Overall... Not bad. Just eat the crab legs!

Ziv Tarsi
    2 Jul 04, 2012

We went here for an early dinner before the Penn & Teller show, what a disappointment, I heard a lot about the Rio International Buffet, so I expected great things, but it was just no good, nothing in the buffet was tasty or even interesting. plain Bleh

• Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino: Carnival World BuffetPro 2014
    Susan Lee

The Rio Buffet is known for its seafood, so make sure you go for dinner when all the seafood is brought out (I think lunch has a slightly different menu, which excludes some of the seafood you might have been looking for). The food is all pretty good, and I especially liked the prime rib here. They do have a nice variety of desserts too.

Kevin Cheng
    3 Jul 04, 2012

I had the buffet of buffet pass for amday and this was one of the buffets we managed to eat at. The prime rib is actually better than expected and overall it was a good experience.

Veronica Sartori
    3 Jul 04, 2012

The Carnival World Buffet located inside the Rio serves Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. Breakfast is $16, Lunch is $18 and Dinner is $25. It is another typical buffet restaurant in Las Vegas, however, Rio's Carnival is probably comparable to the buffet at the Paris, Aria, and Bellagio. It's quite decent and has a good variety of finds. They also have some great gelato!

Kevin Picholo