Ristorante Il Latini

Via dei Palchetti, 6
Prosciutto e melone

• Ristorante Il Latini

Get a big group of friends and have one of the best meals of your life. Don't bother with the menu, go with the chef's selection and be prepared for more food than you can handle. The 2-liter jugs of wine on the table are great too. Amazing Tuscan food!

• Ristorante Il Latini

The food here is incredible. You must taste the olive oil. There is a room in the wine cellar that is very cool for big parties. Wine bottles are scattered all over.

• Ristorante Il LatiniCommunity Manager

I was here 6 years ago many times when I studied a semester in Firenze, and this is what I remember: (the chef selection) never-ending plates of food, glasses of wine... one after another... you want pasta? Il Latini will give you an assortment of hand-made pastas, one better than the next. You want meat? Il Latini will keep you surprised, plate by plate of delicious authentic Tuscan cuisine.

• Ristorante Il Latini

One of the most amazing dining experiences of my life. The restaurant is family style so you very well might end up sitting next to someone you don't know. The meal starts with plates of different antipasto Salami, Pate, Bruschetta, the list just went on. Next came the pasta or soup course. I had my pick of pasta or soup with 2 different options in each category. Luckily I went with 3 friends so I got to try everything. All 4 options were fresh and delicious. Next came the meat course. One of my friends and I couldn't decide which meat we wanted so the waiter brought us a plate of 5 different meats. Yes I said 5. We were already pretty full at this point but we adopted the mantra if you bring it we will eat it. The steak Florentine really stuck out, it's also a dish they're known for. The steak was huge like the size of my head and juicy. The steak came rare which is how I like it. If you don't like your steak almost bloody you might want to pass. All of the other meats which included chicken and some things we weren't able to identify were delicious. All were cooked well, nothing overcooked, and delicious. We managed to get through the course but the top button my pants was definitely undone. Thank god because next came dessert. I had an Italian classic Tiramisu. It was simple with just the right amount of coffee flavor. And if that wasn't enough the waiter plopped down and espresso and biscotti for everyone after dessert. Finally he handed us the check. We couldn't believe our eyes. we only paired 40 euros each for enough food to feed an army. We managed to waddle out with gigantic smiles on our faces. If you're in Florence do not miss this place!

Expensive but good

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureLuxury TravelersVegetarian
    Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily Travelers
  • Ristorante Il Latini

Lovely restaurant. A fun and different dining experience.

• Ristorante Il Latini

A joint restaurant and wine cellar, Il Latini serves traditional Tuscan cuisine along with an impressive French and Italian wine list.

372 people visited Ristorante Il Latini