Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Riu BambuMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Riu Bambu is one of 5 resorts that are all connected as part of the Riu family on Playa Arena Gorda/Punta Cana in Dominican Republic.
We stayed here for a destination wedding. We were led to believe that if you book at one Riu, you can visit all the other Rius on site for variety. For an all-inclusive trip, that sounded very enticing given how boring staying a long time at a single resort can be. It wasn't until we got here that they clarified that we can only visit the other 2 resorts that are at "our level" and the 2 resorts that are higher level require staying at those resorts... Well, the price difference was like $50 or something, which I would have gladly paid if I had known this prior to booking.
Of course the 2 resorts that we were not allowed to go to were the more hip/fun ones. Go figure.
Good!289 reviews across the web.
- The hotel is perfect for swimmers according to guests.
- Guests consider it an awesome beach hotel.
- Location90% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Grounds85% loved the outdoor sports facilities.
- Service83% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Beach81% appreciated the clean beach.
- Hotel80% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance75% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool