Member Reviews (1)
- Riu BambuMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Riu Bambu is one of 5 resorts that are all connected as part of the Riu family on Playa Arena Gorda/Punta Cana in Dominican Republic.
We stayed here for a destination wedding. We were led to believe that if you book at one Riu, you can visit all the other Rius on site for variety. For an all-inclusive trip, that sounded very enticing given how boring staying a long time at a single resort can be. It wasn't until we got here that they clarified that we can only visit the other 2 resorts that are at "our level" and the 2 resorts that are higher level require staying at those resorts... Well, the price difference was like $50 or something, which I would have gladly paid if I had known this prior to booking.
Of course the 2 resorts that we were not allowed to go to were the more hip/fun ones. Go figure.
Good!257 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for swimming.
- Ambiance98% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location89% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Service83% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel81% thought it was clean.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 76%.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 73%.