Rocky's Crown Pub

3786 Ingraham Street, San Diego, CA, United States

Terri M
    5 Feb 03, 2014

Their menu is limited, hamburgers and fries is pretty much it. BUT they do know how to make them right! Fresh and juicy and made to order. Local sports bar. Must be 21. Beers, burgers and TV's.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Corey Hart
    4 Nov 22, 2012

Why is it that whenever I'm in the mood for a whisky, I'm finding myself in a beer and wine joint? Why? Why why?

So it was again at Rocky's. Asked how much a Crown was gonna run me and I think I got a smart remark in return... which is better than just a no. If you can use misdirection, wit, charm, and joke at my expense, I'm likely to forget about the damn Crown and settle in with the rest.

Parking was a breeze (I have a feeling it's not always the case), and when we arrived the place was pretty swamped. How nice though that the guy who suggested I get the Caesar Salad offer up his barstool so I could sit with Sarah...

We ordered up a couple burgers, beers, and a basket of fries. Fries were a bit overdone but the burgers were pretty darn good. Good and messy and if I've learned anything about burgers in my lifetime, it's that a messy burger is a better burger.

Rocky's is a cool cool spot. A gem. Now on to Hodad's to see what that's all about... and to experience the other side of this rivalry.

Richard S
    4 Apr 26, 2013

A dive - but great burgers. Only takes cash!

797 people visited Rocky's Crown Pub