Rodeway Inn and Suites Portland
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 82%Business Travelers
- 82%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- Rodeway Inn and Suites PortlandMember ofAdventure TravelersArt & Design LoversMar 26, 2014
Very cheap, but not my first choice. This is in Gresham, close to the Gorge, but not exactly nice enough to be a tourist destination. If I was trying to see the The Gorge, I'd try to stay at Mcminniman's Edgfield. Even if you stay here, the brewery and hotel, Mcminniman's Edgfield, isn't far away and they have gardens and beer and a fire pit and frisby golf and big porches with rocking chairs to sit on. It's just an exit away from here. Another option that might cost more than this is to stay further up The Gorge in Hood River. It's also more money but more historic and scenic if you're a tourist. If you have to be right in Gresham, there aren't many options and this hotel, Rodeway Inn and Suites, has to be one of the cheapest. There's free coffee and plenty of room for dogs to run around, but it's not all that walkable or scenic and the decor is painful. And yet, there's free coffee.Recommended for:
- Rodeway Inn and Suites PortlandMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Nov 08, 2013
On the border of Portland and the sub urbam city of Gresham, Rodeway is a bit out of the way for tourists, unless your main destination is the Columbia Gorge, east of town. I'd imagine this place would be more popular with business travelers whose companies have nearby offices or perhaps those with families in Gresham.
I visited on Halloween, and the gregarious front desk lady was in full costume and had even bought candy on her own dime to pass out to guests in honor of the holiday. The rooms here are pretty standard, unmemorable motel rooms, but are clean and have large bathrooms. The bottom floor has smoking and pet-friendly rooms.Recommended for:
- Rodeway Inn and Suites PortlandMember ofFoodiesWellnessVegetarian+ 3First to ReviewNov 07, 2013
Although in the Portland area, this hotel is located in Gresham about fifteen to twenty miles east of downtown Portland, and maybe seven miles east of the airport on I-84. Just off the very busy industrial NE 181st Avenue it is not easy to find. However if you have to be in the area, you will probably not be disappointed with this big ‘Holiday Inn’ like hotel.
What you get here is the efficient comfort of a moderately priced hotel in inner Portland at rates that reflect this outer Portland area. Although this is primarily a business hotel, interstate travelers coming from the Columbia River Gorge on I-84 may find this a good deal.
Included in the room rate are a complimentary breakfast, wifi, and the use of an indoor swimming pool, Spa (Jacuzzi), and fitness center. The pool and spa being a highlight of this hotel!
The staff were professional to a point without much grace, and the atmosphere in the hotel was casual without being cozy. However, the suites are clean with microwaves and refrigerators. Maybe one of the better hotels in this area!Recommended for:
Fair633 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- LocationGood access to the airport, said 100%.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- Service89% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Room71% said the beds were comfortable.
- Food53% found the breakfast to be acceptable.
The following notifications and fines:
- Pet Charge: USD 15.00 pet fee first night. 10.00 each night thereafter. Maximum 2 pets/room, pet must be less than 40lbs.
- All Cash Paying Guests will be required to pay a refundable deposit of 200.00 per stay.
- Free Parking
- Free Hi Speed Internet