Trip Plan Details
- ChocopolisRue du Marché aux Herbes 81 1000 Brussels, Belgiumrecommended ChocopolisAwesome chocolate shop! Chocolate is treated like jewelry here. They have a wide variety of chocolates organized in jewelry cases that form a big circle in the middle of the store. Selecting ... read morechocolates from what seems like a unlimited variety can be overwhelming.
- Delirium CaféImpasse de la Fidélité 4A, 1000 City of Brussels, Belgiumrecommended Delirium CaféDelirium Cafe is "the place" to go if you are a true beer lover. The menu is the size of a phone book and there are numerous pages of listed beers from many local breweries in Belgium and all over the ... read moreworld. I suggest that visitors leave their taste buds for Bud Light and Corona at home and try one of the local beers.
- Palais RoyalRue Brederode 16, City of Brussels, Belgium
- Grand Place - BrusselsGrand-Place 1000 City of Brussels Belgiumrecommended Grand Place - BrusselsGrand Place is one of the best examples of historical Belgian architecture. The exterior of the buildings are beautifully sculpted with designs, figures, and gold. The magnificence of the architecture ... read morestarts from the center of Grand Place and continues down several connected alleys where locals and visitors can enjoy shopping and dining.recommended Grand Place - BrusselsSome consider this the most beautiful square in the world. The wide open square which sometimes houses a flower market as well as small street vendors is surrounded by Flemish Renaissance-baroque ... read moreguild houses from the 17th century, the neo-Gothic King’s House, and the 15th-century Gothic Town Hall. On the spire of the tower of the Town Hall perches the Archangel Michael, patron saint of the city. A UNESCO world heritage site, the architecture of the square is described as providing a vivid illustration of the level of social and cultural life of the period in this important political and commercial centre.Writer Victor Hugo once made his home in a building on this square. We returned to the Grand Place a number of times in our sight seeing and each time we paused to look around. It would be hard to get tired of looking at the intricate details and appreciate the unified architecture. We were warned that the numerous cafés ringing the square were some of the worst places to eat. Nevertheless we wanted to enjoy a sunny day so stopped for some breakfast. The coffee, croissants, bread, ham and cheese were more than adequate but expensive and the service incredibly surly..Comment.23 days ago. ReportLaurel W
It's a great people watching spot as well as the attractive physical setting.
recommended BrugesBruges is beautiful! Have you seen the movie "In Bruges?" It was filmed here. If you get the DVD, be sure to watch the extra features, which includes a lovely tour of Bruges. This is an easy day trip ... read morefrom Brussels...Just a quick train ride. You can travel here in the morning, stay for lunch, and be back in Brussels in time for dinner. Meal suggestion: A bucket of seamed mussels, freites, and Belgian cherry beer (the perfect beverage for people who think they do not like beer). Try to choose a restaurant where you can eat outside, preferably overlooking the canal.
- AtomiumSquare de l'Atomium, City of Brussels, Belgium
- BMW BelgiumBoulevard de Waterloo 22
- De Bier TempleRue du Marché aux Herbes 56, 1000 City of Brussels, Belgium