Room Mate Mario
Member Reviews (2)
- Room Mate MarioMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureFamily Travelers+ 1Jul 05, 2012
This hotel is part of a chain of Design hotels in Spain that are really cheap and comfortable. Staff was very nice with us, as the room in Room Mate Laura has some problems they gave us a bigger on in Room Mate Mario. two aplles for welcome and a very well furnished room, in the very centre of Madrid.
- Room Mate MarioJul 04, 2012
Stepping from the old narrow Madrid street into the low light, funky fixtures and jazzy beats of the Room Mate Mario lobby was an unexpected transition. My first thought (especially given the hotel’s name) was: pretentious. Oh how wrong I was. The decor may be modern and hip, but there’s nothing affected about the service. The young staff were friendly, spoke great English and seemed ready to bend over backwards. The room was simple, but nicely done - white was the predominant colour, meaning the space felt large, sophisticated and luminous. Apparently each room has its own “look” - mine featured an artsy (and actually quite pleasing) mural of plants and flowers across the wall behind the bed. The location is ideal - Mario is five minutes from Puerta del Sol and the street itself is pretty much bar-less (i.e. quiet at night). There’s no room service, but they do sell reasonably priced salads and wraps from reception if you get caught short. A little tip: if you want a bathtub to soak in, make sure you ask - not all bathrooms have them.
Excellent!968 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance92% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location90% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Food89% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel88% thought it was clean.