Hi all, I will be in Paris next sunday and monday and I am looking for some off-the-beaten-path things to do. I have been to paris many times, so i am not too interested in the big sight seeing things, but more into the beautiful strolls, lovely boutiques, delicious restaurants, bars etcetera
We are staying in Montparnasse, but happy to travel all around if its worth it.
- Vieux LyonFrancerecommended Vieux LyonJust two hours from Paris on the fantastic TGV this is well worth a visit for its food and architecture. I love Lyon. So much to see and do and it makes for a great side trip out of Paris.
- La Criée31 Boulevard de Bonne Nouvelle, Paris, Francerecommended La CriéeReally love this place! We have been several times. The staff have been so nice! And they seafood is delicious! I highly recommend the Ocean Platter. You get 4 mini fish dishes with salad and fries. ... read moreYUMMMMMMM!
- Père-Lachaise CemeteryRue du Repos 16, Paris 75020 Francerecommended Père-Lachaise CemeteryBe sure to spend at least a couple of hours in this beautiful "city of the dead". You could easily spend an entire day here, roaming this park-like setting with it varied array of elaborate monuments. ... read moreThere is nothing creepy about this place. Along with famous residents such as Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Moliere and countless others, regular Parisians rest here too.Leigh Virkus
Not sure if you have been here. We enjoyed this place and with the shade it offers a great respite from the heat and busyness of the city.
- Rue du Faubourg Saint-HonoréRue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris, Francerecommended Rue du Faubourg Saint-HonoréFrom grand hotels, to local bistros, to theme bars, to smart, elegant, luxury shops, boutiques you will find it all along and around that street.Kostas Trivizas
Costa Hotel for its Lounge and Bar around a courtyard and its own DJ CDs with lounge music since the late 90s, is a must visit.
- Pain Vin Fromages3 Rue Geoffroy l'Angevin, 75004 Paris, Francerecommended Pain Vin FromagesIf you want to have your cheese, and eat it too, in about 76 different ways, head to Pain Vin Fromages (Bread, Wine, Cheese). The sections of the menu include Fondue and Raclette. Cheese and meat ... read moreplates from each area of France are listed on a cute little map, and the wine list includes some delicious bordeaux. Casual, friendly, with scope for some real gourmand pigging out a la francaise, it's definitely worth an evening and the 50 or so euro you'll spend a head.
- Clamato80 Rue de Charonne, Paris, France
- Bar 33 rue de l'Ancienne Comedie 75006recommended Bar 3Bar 3 was one of my favorite hang outs in Paris. It has a low ceiling basement with beautiful arches. It makes for a fun and different night out, if you're just planning to dance and have a drink or ... read moretwo.Katie Pierce
The crowd here may be younger and the spot a bit touristy, but I love the underground dance floors in Bar 3. I think they're quite fun and unusual.
- Le Parc Monceau7 Bis Rue de Monceau, Paris, Francerecommended Le Parc MonceauA dream garden! Some of my favorite photos from my 5 months living in Paris were taken here!Katie Pierce
This is one of my favorite parks to go to for picnics or just reading a book. It's quite beautiful and a nice little oasis from the city streets.
- Heroines6 Rue Rosiers, 75004 Paris, Francerecommended HeroinesMy best kept secret in Paris has now been revealed. Heroines is by far the best boutique in the entire city for fun and unique clothing. During my time living in Paris I could not even walk down Rue ... read morede Rosiers without stopping in and at least trying on 5 different things. I brought all my friends here and they easily became equally addicted. The swankiest and sexiest dress I own? I bought it here.Katie Pierce
This is one of my favorite shops in Paris. The clothes are adorable and I love this area too. Lots of good window shopping.
- Pont des ArtsQuai du Louvre, Paris 75001, France