Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Rothley CourtMember ofHistory BuffsFoodiesWellness+ 3First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This is a beautiful and elegant hotel set in the Leicestershire countryside within easy reach of Leicester and Nottingham, and close to the old Roman road, the Fosse Way.
I was lucky(?) enough to go to a boarding school close-by so was very familiar with this hotel as a parents' favorite. Since then I have stayed at the hotel with my wife when we have visited the midlands of England.
If you like beauty, old quality, elegance and atmosphere of a manor house set in lovely grounds, this is for you! The accommodation is very clean, quiet and comfortable.
The hotel building has played its part in English history. Rothley Court has an old Knights Templar chapel attached to it. It was also the house in which Wilberforce stayed as a guest of Thomas Babington, both members of the anti-slavery Clapham Sect, while compiling some of his work that finally succeeded in ending slavery in the British Empire.
Good!310 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 98%.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 92% of the guests loved it.
- LocationGreat parking, according to 88%.
- Service83% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food82% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is great. 82% of the guests liked it.