Rough Luxe Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Rough Luxe HotelNov 22, 2013
Retro derelict-chic kind of place. VERY small, only 6 rooms total. I wanted to like it more, because its a cool concept, but it was just a bit too small. You had to be strategic with where you put your stuff; there just wasn't enough room for ANY suitcase at all. Communal breakfast was nice, and service super friendly. If you want to be FORCED to be close to someone, this is the place to go!
- Rough Luxe HotelMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Jul 05, 2012
I loved that the Rough Luxe Hotel didn't feel like a hotel. It really was like staying in a really cool, artsy friend's house. The manager Antonio is such delightful guy, I enjoyed going down the colorful stairs every morning for breakfast where he made me a cappuccino. The wallpaper is all original to the house, so there is a variety of chipped paint and wallpaper everywhere and it's so pretty. Each floor and room has the same style, but different artwork and walls. My bed was in a sofa and it was so cozy. My room was reminiscent of a really cool dollhouse. I loved coming home (to the hotel) and crawling into that glorious bed. I would stay here again and again, I loved it.
- Rough Luxe HotelMember ofLocal CultureFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2First to ReviewJan 04, 2013
If you are looking for typical luxury this is not the place for you. But if you like a place that is off the beaten path and has a shabby chic style this is a good find. Located near St Pancras / Kings Cross, this place is in the midst of what is mixture of quite urban and up and coming spots. From the outside it looks quite "rough". The inside mixes rough walls and stripped down floors with cutting edge artsy design. There is not room service and no restaurant, but there is a home made breakfast and a welcoming manager. It's like staying in the home of a really cool friend. Some rooms have a shared bathroom.
Good!72 reviews across the web.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food96% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- AmbianceGreat ambiance. 91% of guests enjoyed it.
- LocationLocation is great. Appreciated by 81% of guests.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 73% of guests mentioned it positively.
- RoomFor only 66%, the bathroom was ok.