Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
User Reviews (1 Review)
- Royal HotelFirst to ReviewJan 16, 2013
This is about as close to Bath Spa train station as you can get- just on a corner across the road. The desk-staff were fine but I felt they didn’t do a very good job at explaining and recommending places in the city. Furthermore the barman looked decidedly bored. It felt to me like a good place for independent travellers who like to collect your key and be left to yourself. (Remember to take a key with you in the evenings as the desk is closed/door locked at 11pm.) The faded grand exterior and the name of the ‘Royal Hotel’ hints that this was once a place to be seen, but stepping into the restaurant instills the sense that it has rather lost its charm since times gone by. Dowdy corridors lead to fairly stock rooms which vary in sizes, still there’s a nice touch of welcome chocolates awaiting you inside; the bathrooms were clean and the fancy soaps made for an attractive shower. There are two bars/lounges. The hotel bar felt an adequate place for a stop-off coffee; however the back ‘Club House Bar’ has a decidedly shoddy feel. Still, keep an eye out for the rather cool framed newspaper page from the New York Times when the Titanic sunk in 1912.
Outstanding!880 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location97% thought it was easy to get to the train station.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Bar and Beverages87% loved the hot beverages.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 76% of guests gave positive comments.