Royal Plaza Hotel

• Fitness Center
  • Room Service
  • Swimming Pool
See Room Choices:
Compare best prices from top travel sites

Overview

• Royal Plaza HotelPro 2014
    Verlisia
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    4 Nov 06, 2013

A luxury hotel it is not, Royal Plaza is a supreme choice for travelers looking for a moderately priced hotel that is comfortable and convenient. The service is excellent. Everyone I have encountered was friendly and professional, in particularly the concierge and health center staffs.

This hotel has all the amenities you would need - around the clock room service, swimming pool and a fully equipped gym, concierge, bell service and a decent buffet restaurant (discounted for hotel guests). The rooms are much bigger than other hotels at this price range and location.

I have mixed feeling regarding the location. The closest MTR (metro) only brings you to the New Territories area. If you need to travel to Hong Kong Island or TST area, the easiest way is a short 15-20 minutes to a different station. It might not sound like much but it is a bit of a pain during hot humid summer days. The hotel shuttle service available is rather infrequent.

Hotel is located on top of a large mall with many restaurants, drug stores and shops. Not one of the best Hong Kong has to ofter but you should have no trouble finding food and any supply you might need.

Apparently they are doing a bunch of renovations during my stay. Constructions start around 8am during the week and the noise was very noticeable. I am a super early riser so it didn't bother me much. The hotel provide ear plugs for the guests. It is a cute idea but I would much rather they let us know about this before I book my rooms.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily Travelers
  • Royal Plaza HotelPro 2014
    Jon L.
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    4 Apr 13, 2014

Stayed here in September 2012 for 4 nights on my first trip to Hong Kong. The hotel was undergoing renovations. I am sure the hotel is much nicer now.

Had heard many of the hotels in Hong Kong were small. So when I came across the Royal Plaza when searching, I jumped on booking a room here a lot because of the size of the room and location. Even though I knew it was undergoing renovations, I still felt it would be worth staying at.

Royal Plaza Hotel is located in Mongkok near the Mongkok East MTR Station and Grand Century Place mall. From the airport, I took the Airport Express and got off at Kowloon Station. From there, I took the complimentary shuttle for Airport Express customers to get to the hotel.

My stay here to be great. I like that they have someone at the front to open the door of the hotel. I have never encountered that before. At nights, they have a hotel rep near the elevators who asks you what room you are going to. I like this as it makes me feel a little more secure staying here.

The room was on the 5th floor which was the same as the pool so there was no view outside the room unfortunately. Still the room was large as I expected. It even had enough room to fit a third bed. The furnishings did look worn out, so I am glad they have renovated.

The location is truly great. It is in the heart of Mongkok where are loads of places to shop and eat. There are plenty of eateries and shops next door at Grand Century Plaza if you don't want to go too far as well. There was no free wi-fi in room unfortunately when I stayed. I had to head over to Grand Century to use their free wi-fi. This issue is no longer relevant however as the rooms now have this service.

Given the large rooms and the location, I would definitely consider Royal Plaza again on my next trip to Hong Kong.

Excellent!2767 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
    91% thought it was clean.
    90% liked the proximity to shopping.
  • Service
    90% found the staff to be very friendly.
  • Internet
    88% thought it was a great value.
  • Room
    82% thought rooms were spacious.
  • Food
    76% found the breakfast to be wonderful.

Hotels Near Royal Plaza Hotel