Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio

• Ruen-Nuad Massage StudioPro 2014
    Matthew Crompton
    3 Oct 18, 2013

While I haven't found the massages offered at this spot in Silom to be particularly outstanding (the top-end spas gobble up Bangkok's best-trained masseuses), the lovely old house in which they are given has far more ambiance than most, and generally qualifies as a cut above most else in this price range.

Recommended for:TrendstersWellness
  • Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio
    Ada Chen

OMG, this massage studio is fantastic! I found this originally as one of the recommendations within my Lonely Planet guidebook, and thought that I'd try it out. I was able to make same-day reservations and book a 90 minute Thai massage for my husband and me. It was 600 baht for a 90 minute session. The studio is tucked deep into a somewhat residential looking street (though conveniently close to the Sala Daeng skytrain stop) that had us wondering all the way until we reached it whether or not we were going to the right place.

The super-cheap Thai massages do not compare at all to the experience at Ruen-Nuad. The studio is down a peaceful lane in a wooden house, and all the staff were very well-mannered and polite. You change to slippers, have your feet washed and then have a very customized massage experience based on your specific needs. I know this because my husband and I compared notes and he has a particularly tight back and I have tight legs. We noted that they actually adjusted their routines to help us! Unlike many massage places, we were able to change into more comfortable garments (relief from the sticky heat) and they administered our massages in privacy in one-on-one rooms.

This is one of the highlights of Bangkok for me and I'd highly recommend it!

2 people visited Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio