Trip Plan Details
recommended La FortunaIf you are planning to visit Costa Rica a good place would be La Fortuna, here we offer you a House for rent and many options for tours.Recommended for:.Comment.12 months ago. ReportWdilvia Brenes
One of the best places of the country where you are going to mix nature and adventure is La Fortuna, hanging bridges, national parks, zip line and of course hotsprings. We offer you an alternative to stay
- Hotel Los Heroes| Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
- Hotel RipJack InnSurf Beach, Playa Grande, Costa Rica
- Hostel Casa ColonPaseo Colon, 24th Street N, Next to Mercedes Tower, San Jose, Paseo Colón, San Jose, Costa Ricarecommended Hostel Casa ColonBeautifull colonial hostel. Better than a hotel, probably the best place to stay in san Jose. Nice colonial style forniture, delicious breakfast, amazing staff...Recommended for:Javier C
Simply the best hostel I`ve ever been. Much better than many hotels in Costa Rica
recommended Costa RicaCosta Rica, the most western-orientated of the Central American countries and retiree HQ for US pensioners. Doesn't sound promising? Well this country sure knows how to dish out natural wonders in ... read morespades, what it may lack in cultural diversity it makes up for in wildlife encounters, pristine ecosystems and dramatic scenery. You can find beaches on both the Pacific Coast, around Corcovado, and Atlantic coast, around Cahuita. The former is more poplular with tourists, the latter with surfers and backpackers. Costa Rica has a huge amount of national parks, the four main ones, with distinct ecosystems are Corcovado, Manuel Antonio, Tortuguero and Monteverde. All are spectacular. And if it's exploding volcanoes and hotsprings that you are looking for then head for the amazing Arenal area. San Jose is an OK city to hang around for a couple of days, but like so many cities in Central America petty crime (pickpockets etc) are a real annoyance, especally around the city's market area. My favorite thing about Costa Rica? Hanging out in the cloud forests doing a spot of birdwatching (more birds in Costa Rica than any other country on earth) and then chilling out with a seafood dinner and some rum on the Caribbean coast. Bliss!Recommended for:Chris Evans
The wildlife is good, but its the avifauna and botanicals that really impress in Costa Rica.
- Villa CaletasJaco 12358-1000, Costa Ricarecommended Villa CaletasBeautiful Hotel located within a rainforest. It is pricey but well worth it. There is a restaurant and a few bars. We were there in November which was pretty quiet and wet. We had a little suite ... read morefacing the ocean. The room was spacious, the bathrooms were nice (shampoo provided). You can see wildlife just by looking out the window. I saw so many different types of birds. I guess Jaco is known for bird watching and I saw some of the most beautiful birds. Aside from that we saw something that looked like a lemur walked by our bedroom window and looked over at us. It was so cool! The workers were all very friendly. They were quick to respond to my air conditioning unit being broken. I was pleased with the service. Parking was a bit tough but not impossible. The location is great - close to Jaco Beach and the little town next to the beach. You do have to drive about 5 minutes up a hill from the actual entry driveway. It's a bit scary and the road is narrow. Be careful, especially at night!Recommended for:travel33
My villa was smack in the middle of a rainforest which was exactly what I wanted! You can get ocean view rooms as well.
- Pachamama House & BungalowsPunta Uva, Puerto Viejo 7304, Costa Ricarecommended Pachamama House & BungalowsPachamama is truly a jungle paradise, nestled just a couple miles from Puerto Viejo's city center. The quaint bungalow B&B is run by a friendly American, Bill, and his lovely family. Go to sleep in a ... read moretropical hideaway, wake up to a home cooked Costa Rican breakfast on your porch (courtesy of Bill) and then explore the area. You can even borrow Bill's kayaks and cruise through the jungle rivers that wind through the property and into the nearby Caribbean.Ramona Flume
The Puerto Viejo area on the Caribbean coast is another lovely place to visit. Pachamama was my favorite b&b in the country!
- Manuel Antonio National ParkManuel Antoniorecommended Manuel Antonio National ParkSome people say you haven't seen the best of Costa Rica until you've visited Manuel Antonio National Park. The beautiful stretch of territory on the Pacific Coast offers travelers everything they ... read morecould ask for in a Central American paradise. Whether you just want to kick up your heels on one of the pristine beaches, hike through the park's seemingly endless supply of exotic flora and fauna, or engage in some of the more extreme sports offered in the area, like whitewater rafting or championship surfing.Ramona Flume
Hi Ruth! If you're looking for great wildlife experiences, don't miss Manuel Antonio!
- Hotel Banana AzulPlaya Negra, Puerto Viejo, Costa Ricarecommended Hotel Banana AzulHotel Banana Azul is a great little resort located on a black sand beach just north of the popular surfer/backpacker town of Puerto Viejo. The hotel is a laid back place with lush grounds, a new pool, ... read moreand a large cool-water Jacuzzi. There's a good range of reasonably priced rooms--from basic garden level to a two-bedroom apartment--that feature rich local hardwoods and artful decor; a full breakfast was included in the rate the last time I checked. The only bummer, which is kind of random, are the bamboo beds frames, which creak at the slightest movement (the owners definitely are aware of the situation, though, and are dealing with it). It's also located next to Cahuita National Park, which in combination with Puerto Viejo, has tons of outdoor options beyond snorkeling and diving: hiking, animal-spotting, zip lines, river rafting, kayaking, fishing, and of course, surfing. It's easy to plan your own excursions but if you prefer to let someone else do the work (it's your vacation afterall!), there is a recommended tour operator on-site, Gecko Trail Adventures.
recommended Carara National ParkThis was a great place to spot wildlife with really easy hiking trails. I was recovering from a broken ankle but also wanted to get out into the forest and use my new camera lens for some wildlife ... read moreshots and this place delivered! It's just a short drive from Jaco. While there, we saw capuchin monkeys, scarlet macaws, coatis, and lots of amazing bird life; including a trogon that was missing from my list.Summer Wilms
In both Monteverde and Jaco there were a number of hostels and budget hotels. There were some very nice restaurants in both places but I found great and much, much cheaper eateries when I ventured to more local venues, just a few blocks off the main tourist streets.
- Sloth Sanctuary Monteverde1 Km from the Reserva Monteverde, across from Hotel Villa Verde, Monteverde, Costa Ricarecommended Sloth Sanctuary MonteverdeThis was so well done and something I really enjoyed. You watch a video and get a short lecture about sloths and conservation before you get to visit with the rescued and rehabilitated two and ... read morethree-toed sloths. Serious cuteness overdose.
- Arenal VolcanoArenal Volcano National Park, Costa Ricarecommended Arenal VolcanoGorgeous views with plenty of excursions from hiking the volcano itself, to canyoneering, ziplining, etc. If you're traveling around the area, I'd highly recommend taking the taxi-ferry-taxi across ... read morethe Lake rather than driving around it. It can cut a couple hours off your transit time.Recommended for:
commented on this trip
If wildlife is what you're after, I'd highly recommend staying around Arenal National Park or Monteverde. You'll have amazing views of the volcano, plenty of excursions available (volcano hikes, canopy rainforest, ziplining, canyoneering, etc) I'd recommend doing both a day hike and night hike, both guided. An experienced guide is really the difference between seeing wildlife and nothing at all. Would highly recommend Desafio Adventures for excursions. We went canyoneering with them and loved it.
recommended EscazuTHIS IS THE NICEST PLACE OF COSTA RICA OR WEALTHY AREA I SHOULD SAY. THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT IS AWESOME IN PLAZA ESCASU IS LOCATED TO ALL THE FREEWAYS AND THE BEAUTIFUL MALL.Recommended for:Heriberto Chiapa-Pacheco
IF THERE ARE OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST YOU NEED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I CAN GET INFORMATION FOR YOU.