Rutherford Grill

1180 Rutherford Rd., Rutherford, CA 94573

Eileen F
    5 May 29, 2014

Yum. Wonderful food. Alive atmosphere. Sunny days offer outside dining.

Link: http://www.hillstone.com/#/restaurants/rutherfordGrill/

Owie
    5 Mar 07, 2014

Sometime awhile back, I thought I didn't like cornbread, but I realized I just didn't like the dry texture of the cornbread. However, Rutherford Grill iron skillet cornbread got me on cloud nine. So fluffy, moist, and tender. The sweet batter with a hint of jalapeno was perfect.

Our main consisted of crispy fried fish sandwich with french fries to Canadian bacon hickory burger piled mountain high of seasonal vegetable to a classic french dip sandwich and ending our meal with a decadent Oreo cookies ice cream.

Everything my tour guide AL (aka A1) told me was true. This place was impeccable and spot on goodness. Excellent service and a friendly staff. Definitely one of my enjoyable meal in the wine country. Cheers!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
    Verlisia
    3 Nov 06, 2013

I felt bad giving this restaurant a lukewarm review. I wanted to be excited about the food. I really do. Perhaps I didn't order the right stuff? The food was good but nothing I was really impressed with.

Grilled Fish Sandwich - Very mediocre. The texture of the fish is too dry. The buns were slightly burnt. Could use better sauce to enhance the flavor. I have had better fish sandwich at many other places.

Barbecue Pork Ribs - Tasty but too many burnt spots. Texture is good with an almost fall of the bone tenderness.

Center-Cut Filet - Standard fare. Decent quality steak and not overcooked. Can't say too much other than that.

Prime Rib French Dip Sandwich - I could see why some people really like this dish. It is a true classic that is done properly. I actually wouldn't mind if the prime rib is thicker sliced with more pink in the center.

My favorite overall - the french fries. Thinly sliced and lightly fried. Crispy and tasty.

Lunch wasn't bad but the horrible wait was not justified. There was an 40+ minutes wait to get seated and another 40+ minutes before food was served.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Mel S Wong

Run and managed by the service and comfort food oriented folks at Hillstone, Rutherford Grill is a great heart foods option along the 29. The falling off the bones ribs, the fresh grilled artichokes (when in season), the sides, the huge portions, the ice cream sandwich dessert! oh my. This is a happy place...a happy eating place.

Nathan Nowack

This place is amazing. I'm surprised I haven't left a review already for it. Their menu varies from time to time, so some of the awesome dishes we used to get are no longer on the menu. But everything we've gotten over the years has been excellent.

For example, the ribs are to die for. This isn't a BBQ restaurant in Texas, but the ribs are straight out of some backyard BBQ pit. Soft, tender, falls right off the bone and the sauce is amazing. On top of that, this place has all the wines, as you would assume in Napa.

Warning though, they get packed quick for lunch and dinner, so be prepared to wait in line. Mmmmmm, awesome place.

Koji Kawano

Fantastic restaurants. Service was prompt and friendly, drinks were delicious, and the food was tasty.

Craig Kellar

Love this place. Part of the Houston's chain, but this is the best one I've eaten at.

I highly recommend coming here for lunch, as the choices are great and you can have a pretty good shot at getting a seat at the bar if you don't have a reservation. On weekends, the wait for a table can be very very long.

See the top of the lunch menu? Hamburger, Chicken Burger, French Dip Sandwich? Stop there. Any one of those three will make you very very happy.

Sharon K. Yapp

Rutherford Grill is an excellent choice if you're in wine country. I find that my experience with Hillstone restaurants is generally consistent, and this did not fail! Went here with friends, and we were all happy with our entrees.

Kathleen B
    5 Aug 25, 2013

Never any corkage, mostly locals enjoying comfort food. Half hour from condo

Shay Lary