San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas and Tabasco Travel Guide
Member Reviews (7)
- San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas and TabascoJul 04, 2012
Such a beautiful little town--nestled in a small valley and alive with indigenous culture. There's a surprisingly slick hipster expat scene, which I wasn't crazy about, but if you've been hauling around Mexico for a while, it's nice to have a good glass of red wine, for instance. It's also interesting to see how the whole Zapatista thing has been commodified here--stores sell souvenir ski masks!
- San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas and TabascoJul 03, 2012
In san cristoval you will enjoy from they beauty of nature and the Maya culture.
- Planet Hostel is a good and cheap hostel . the owners are really nice and they wellcom the tourist with open arms.
- Chamula is a little town close to the city, that has a very wierd tredition in their church, and a nice and cheap market. Make sure you go when they have their ceramoney it is wild!!
- Canyon Sumidaro = A beautiful boat ride that you can see gerat views and animals, make sure you take the tour in english!
- Lagunas de Montebello = 7 amazing lagunes, do not miss!!! make sure you take the tour that includes the Chiflon waterfall, it is huge!
Trips that include
By Omar de la Mora
By Deniz Muhammet
By Erika Barreras
By Marlene Boyd
By Ignacio Malo