San Diego Travel Guide

San Diego 01-29-2008

• San DiegoPro 2014

San Diego seems like the perfect California city. It has the great southern California weather and Mexican food without the smog or bustle of Los Angeles, which isn't that far away.

• San Diego

incredible city! Driving through the streets my mouth started watering seeing all the amazing restaurants. The night life is amazing in this city, there is never a dull moment.

• San Diego

San Diego has so much charm to it! Its beaches are beautiful- I recommend you visit Seal Beach, and then venture into the Sunny Jim caves. Be sure to hit up the Gaslamp Quarter and drop by the themed bar, Vin De Syrah, to be transported into Alice in Wonderland.

• San Diego

Beautiful. Nice weather. Plenty of activities for many different interest. Gas Lamp district is very nice as well. Oh yea, did I mention the ocean?? LOL

• San Diego

There is so much to do and see in San Diego.

There are numerous attractions to cater to a variety of tastes. Whether you're a thrill-ride enthusiast, a model-train collector, or a music-lover, there are numerous theme parks and museums that have just what you're looking for.

San Diego is also home to many great restaurants to delight all foodies.

No matter if you're interested in the arts, animals, marine life, science, or history, San Diego has something for you!

• San DiegoCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014

Whenever someone tells me they're from San Diego, I immediately reply with, "San Diego has the best weather in the world... and I'm from Hawaii." I am then presented with a surprised face.

But it's true. San Diego's weather features sunshine and ocean breezes, but it's not ultra humid or hot. It's brisk and comfortable.

San Diego has plenty to offer in terms of attractions. I certainly don't need to tell you about the San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld. However, it's worth mentioning that La Jolla has a great farmers' market, and the beaches of Ocean Beach are gritty and cool. And where would we be without the wonderful California Burrito? In an ever-enduring epic battle, our "San Francisco burrito" must contend with this steak-and-guac-and-cheese-and-fried-potatoes-and-nothing-else heavy-hitter from down south.

To be honest, they may have won.

Don't tell the Mission i said that.

• San Diego

I call this place home so I could be possibly biased, but I think it's AWESOME. I visited here on a family trip in junior high and then again in high school and I always said I was going to live here - and voila it happened! My point being that I was quite obsessed with the place before even moving here. Visiting here is worth it because there's such a variety of things you can do: beach, museums, wildlife, hikes, water sports, gourmet restaurants, fun bars...the list goes on. You can even go snowboarding in the winter if you want in the mountains (just a couple hours away) and be back in time to lay out on the beach if we're having one of our 75 degrees in winter days.

• San Diego

Every visit here has been an adventure. I love the time I am able to spend here and the many attractions it offers. It has become a second home for me.

• San DiegoPro 2014

A city to call second home!
    San Diego has the perfect combination... Beaches, parks, cultural and historical attractions, business, all kind of restaurants, health environment, a great weather and landscape. No matter your lifestyle SD will grow on you!

• San Diego

It's got great weather, beaches, shopping, restaurants and museums. Don't forget the zoo too! And it's easy to drive or take the trolley to Balboa Park. Yes, San Diego is fun to visit year 'round.

• San Diego

My hometown. Great weather. Close to the ocean, mountains, deserts, forests, and lakes. From water skis to snow skis. We got it all. Personal tour guide for Rimi Khan on her next visit :) rajmilian1@gmail.com

• San Diego

The worlds best weather year round. San Diego has great restaurants, beautiful beaches, hiking, biking and so much fun it's crazy here!

• San Diego

I was born and raised here. Anytime I leave I always feel a longing to return. Sandiego is a diverse city full of unique people from all over the world. You can have all kinds of food from different countries. We have music that will rock your world no matter what genera your into.

• San DiegoPro 2014

This place is great for a day trip, a night out on the town, exploring the zoo, checking out the surf.

The temp is around 70-80 year round. The weather is nice and sunny. Come and enjoy yourself.

• San Diego

Visited San Diego for approximately 18 hours before we decided we would be able to move here. You know when you visit a spot and you wonder if it could be your next home? Well, we did and it is now.

It's been 2 and a half years now and we've lived in two neighborhoods and have certainly carved out a nice life here.

Great city.

• San Diego

Great weather, with very nice beaches nearby. The zoo is world famous and deserving of it. Great Mexican food, and an active if expensive night life

• San Diego

Every time I travel to San Diego, I like this city more and more. Great things to do, beaches, weather, and lifestyle. So much to enjoy!

• San Diego

Stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego for my 10th Anniversary and LOVED the view from my room. They have 3 big windows from every corner of the room over looking the beautiful bay of San Diego.

• San DiegoPro 2014

I enjoy San Diego as a place to visit very much. The weather is almost always great, the overall vibe is very laid back, there are wineries nearby, outlet shopping within easy hop, and the overall feel of the city is very "vacation" like even though most of my visits were work related.

• San Diego

Though San Diego is not too far from LA, and though I've lived in LA for over 8 years now, I've only visited SD a handful of times.

I'm only starting to scratch the surface of this city. So for now, I'll say I like it. Perhaps my liking will grow into the kind of love I have for LA, SF and NY.

Find Hotels in San Diego:

San Diego often seems to play second fiddle to Los Angeles when it comes to coastal Southern California cities, but San Diego makes up for its smaller size with beautiful beaches and laid-back charm that sets it apart from its brasher cousin to the north. Besides the endless coastline and pristine beaches in Pacific Beach, La Jolla, and Del Mar, San Diego offers many other exciting attractions. If relaxing on the water without getting wet sounds appealing, then a harbor cruise might be just right, but watch out for the Navy’s warships that call San Diego their homeport. Also check out Old Town, a historically preserved portion of San Diego with outstanding Mexican restaurants and quaint charm. For a day trip, many visitors enjoy going to the San Diego Zoo (home of the famous Giant Pandas), and SeaWorld (home to Shamu). With a wide variety of restaurants, bars, and clubs, the re-born Gaslamp Quarter offers travelers a hipper place to go at night. Many hotels can be found downtown, but for a more beach-oriented stay, look slightly north of downtown in Pacific Beach or even La Jolla. With all the things to do in San Diego, it is no wonder why so many make San Diego a regular summer ... read more

388,473 people visited San Diego