San Francisco Restaurants

Filter restaurants by: Cuisine
Map view
3,804 Results

Bi-Rite Creamery

One of the most incredible ice cream shops in SF. The flavors are so unique. I had salted caramel, lavender honey and earl grey were my favorite flavors. The line is always pretty long, but worth the wait!

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies

Tartine Bakery

One of the best bakeries in the World (rivals anything in Paris) but the line out the door is often crazy long. Go early.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Slanted Door

Great setting in the Ferry Building overlooking the Bay Bridge. Big restaurant - nice to go with a group of people. Food was delicious - especially the green Papaya Salad! You need to make reservation 1 month ahead to get a table.

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryVegetarian

Blue Bottle Coffee

Not only is the coffee excellent, but the belgian waffles here are some of the best I ever had. The line is always long, so be prepared!

Popular withFoodiesBusinessTrendsters

Foreign Cinema

Fresh, locally-sourced food served in a hip Mission space with awesome movies showing in the dining room: that's Foreign Cinema. Good raw oyster bar, and some truly spectacular combinations when the kitchen gets it just right. It's not my favorite restaurant in San Francisco, but on a warm night, with a movie showing on the patio, the ambiance is just ...

Popular withFoodiesNightlifeLuxury

Nopa

Nopa is a great late night spot and a favorite among people in the restaurant business. The roast chicken is a must here, as are the amazing cocktails. I especially love that the big, open kitchen allows you to see the action and feel like you're part of the family.

Popular withFoodiesNightlifeLuxury

Pizzeria Delfina

My absolute favorite place to go for pizza. Be warned though, you'll most likely have to wait for a table!

Popular withFoodiesLocalVegetarian

Gary Danko

Gary Danko's is a 5 star fixed price restaurant less than a block away from the house. Gary Danko just won a James Beard award and you have to make reservations weeks in advance. But it is usually possible to stop in for a glass of wine and hor d'ouvres at the bar on the spur of the moment.

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesBusiness

House of Prime Rib

They only do prime rib and they do it extremely well. The people are extremely friendly and accommodating and the prime rib is exquisite. I'd also recommend getting the salad as a part of your meal, it's surprisingly good.

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryLocal

Kokkari Estiatorio

Delicious food in a Mediterranean Greek setting. Literally every dish I tried here was fantastic. Highly recommend the lamb chops and watermelon feta dish!

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryLocal

Humphry Slocombe

Yay, Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream is finally open within walking distance of my office! I haven't had a chance to go to their location on Harrison Street, so I was really excited for this opening. Their space is bright and modern, with white tile walls. The entrance has a pull open/close door. You'll find the menu up on the wall ...

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesTrendsters

Mitchell's Ice Cream

Not sure why this place is so highly rated. Seemed pretty ordinary to me. Customer service is awesome though.

Popular withFamiliesLocalFoodies

Osha Thai - 2nd Street

One of the most popular Thai restaurants in San Francisco. The decor is very chick and modern, with a Thai theme. Came here on NYE at 7 pm, so it wasn't busy...yet. We ordered the Tong Yum soup, which was full of shrimps and mushrooms (wasn't as spicy as I had feared), the Spicy Basil Beef (very delicious), and the ...

Popular withFoodiesNightlifeBusiness

Tony's Pizza Napoletana

The place is a friggin' UNIVERSITY OF PIZZA for Chrisesakes! Seriously though, amazing pizza. All types, cooked all different ways. Personally I LOVE the St.Louis style. Spicey, special kinda cheese, yada, yada. Oh and if you get the chance, sit at the Chef's Counter and watch them work! They are fun and like to have a laugh and sometimes a ...

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesLocal

21st Amendment

Cool brew pub. Serve their own micro brews which are very tasty. Food is good as well. I've had the mussels, the pizza and the burgers and all were good.

Popular withNightlifeTrendstersLocal

The Cheesecake Factory

Such a convenient location, great food, great cheesecake. I love their sweet corn tamales cake, thai chicken lettuce wraps, kobe burger, and ahi tare tare! I usually have to get it all the time! Yes, all of them because I can never decide!!!!! Food is very consistent, always the same. It's the service that always changes. Sometimes good, sometimes it ...

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesNightlife

Yank Sing

Definitely overpriced American dim sum. Not authentic but not bad tasting. If I go here, I like the dumplings with the broth inside. Other than that, everything else is okay.

Popular withFoodiesBusinessLocal

Blue Bottle Coffee - Ferry Building

I drink coffee and booze. Occasionally water. When I come across a good cup of coffee I am a fan for life. Blue Bottle meets all of my stringent requirements. No bitterness, smooth and aromatic. Coffee I can love.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLuxury

Zeitgeist

Have a draft amongst the hipsters and motorcycle bikers, but don't pick a fight. I've seen a few swinging fists here in my day.

Popular withNightlifeBudgetTrendsters

Brenda's French Soul Food

I just LOVE Brenda's beignets and po'boys so much! The beignets are TO DIE FOR. We ordered the beignet flight, which consisted of 1 of each of the following: Plain, Filled with molten Ghirardelli chocolate, Granny Smith Apple with cinnamon honey butter and Crawfish with cayenne, scallions and cheddar. All 4 for $8. We ate them in that order, starting ...

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies