Things to do in San Francisco

Filter attractions by: Category
Map view
2,465 Results

Golden Gate Bridge

although we didnt walk or bike across the bridge as most would, the view we had going to and from napa valley and again on a city tour bus was awesome. pictures to follow. this bridge is amazing. when you think how old it is, and it was built to withstand eartquakes, its amazing! can sway back and forth or ...

Popular withLocalOutdoorFamilies

Alcatraz Island

If I'm going to visit a different city, then I'm going to do it right... the touristy way. Three of us took the ferry over to Alcatraz Island for the tour, and boy, was it interesting and eerie! I hadn't actually watched "The Rock" but had heard many stories about Alcatraz, you know, being secluded and housed dangerous criminals and ...

Popular withHistoryLocalFamilies

Golden Gate Park

Relaxing and reading a book in this beautiful park. Golden gate park is fun, disc golf, soccer, baseball, BBQ. Venture to this park, it's a must!

Popular withOutdoorFamiliesLocal

Fisherman's Wharf

After walking from Chinatown to Coit tower, we made it to Fisherman's Wharf. There was soo many people, and it was hard to navigate and look at each store while avoiding running into all the people. It was nice to sit on the bench and stare out in the sea... contemplating life and whatnot... HAH nawttt. I liked looking at ...

Popular withFamiliesFoodiesLocal

AT&T Park

I'm not a big fan of Giants baseball team. The stadium is big and not far from downtown. Planing your trip to get there because it always get crowded.

Popular withLocalFamiliesOutdoor

Ferry Building Marketplace

Ok, i'm a foodie, so for me this was the best place in San Francisco. I was in SF for 5 days and I came back here about 3 times just to eat. The Ferry Building is a very large farmer's/organic/food market, where you just happen to take the ferry. There are a couple of days during the week when ...

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies

Riding a Cable Car

This is one of the few typical tourist experiences that surpasses expectations. Riding the cable cars up and down the impossibly steep streets with the wind blowing through your hair is something that just can't be replicated. An absolute must do.

Pier 39

The sea lions are a smelly sight, but it's such a rare sight to see wildlife in the city. Your kids will love it too.

Lombard Street

I went to this place for watching the firework on 4 July. It's amazing. You can see San Francisco city on top view.

Popular withLocalBudgetFamilies

Union Square

This is a great destination all year round. Enjoy ice skating in the winter when the square is decorated for the holidays. During the summer, this is a great place to catch some rays.

Popular withLocalFamiliesLuxury

California Academy Of Sciences

There's something about the insatiable taste for knowledge that turns me into a giggling five year old whenever I come here. I've been thrice; twice for Nightlife (a MUST if you a) don't like children and b) love to drink), and once as a one year anniversary date. I dragged my boyfriend around like he was my favorite stuffed animal ...

Popular withFamiliesStudentsLocal

Chinatown

There's something magical about San Francisco Chinatown. No matter how many times I come here, there is always something new to discover

Popular withLocalHistoryFoodies

Palace of Fine Arts

This neo-classical masterpiece makes for a lovely stroll. There are swans in the pond & atmosphere is quite idyllic.

Popular withFamiliesDesignOutdoor

Dolores Park

This parked is loved by tourists and locals. Perfect place to relax and enjoy the outdoors with friends, families or by yourself. My friends and I had our mini picnic on our last day in sf. We saw a lot of dogs and children. Live music near the playground with toddlers dancing around made my heart smile. Some of us ...

Japanese Tea Garden

Small but very beautiful gardens in the heart of the GG park. Free for the city residents and 7$ to over 15 years old (kids are free). Threre is also a nice tea house in the middle and a gift shop.

Popular withFamiliesLocalOutdoor

Coit Tower

The 64m / 210ft tall Coit tower on top of Telegraph Hill is a monument dedicated to the San Francisco Firemen. The tower's interior is decorated with large colorful murals.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryLocal

Exploratorium

Great view along the Pier and fun science, environmental, and technology exhibits! If you're there on the first Thursday of the month, they open late and serve drinks.

Popular withFamiliesDesignStudents

SF MoMA

The MOMA has a great location across the street from Yerba Buena Gardens. The museum is currently undergoing a renovation (6/30/14).

Popular withDesignFamiliesHistory

Haight-Ashbury

The haight has a charm that ive seen nowhere in the country not even new york. Its always packed full of people on the streets. The boutiques and shops along haight street are one of a kind especially

Popular withLocalBudgetBackpackers

The Embarcadero

AT&T Park, Ferry building, Fisherman's wharf and other tourist centers are along this walkway along the bay. You can walk, drive or bike adjacent to San Francisco Bay.

Popular withFamiliesLocalOutdoor