Sandeman's New Europe Tour Munich

Marionplatz

• Sandeman's New Europe Tour MunichPro 2014
    Rachel R
    5 Jan 31, 2014

When I see ads for "FREE Tour", i pay attention. And boy am I glad I did!

This tour meets in front of the Glockenspiel and the guides will give you the whole history of it as the story unfolds above you. That alone is worth it in my opinion. I've done a few of these free tours in other cities, and all have been great! This was by far my favorite one though. Our guide really fd off our energy and humor. He was also super helpful in pointing out landmarks as we went in case we wanted to come back to spend more time somewhere we visited, after the tour.

These tours truly are free. You tip your guide at the end based on what you think it was worth. Seriously it could easily be worth $100 in my opinion. We learned so much history and so many weird stories, from the Glockenspiel, to the only remnants of the war, to seeing a museum for free as well by being told to "Just peek in the windows as we walk by!" Which of course we all did, whilst being met with stares from people inside looking at us like we had 3 heads).

We also got lunch (pay your own) at a local beer garden where our guide told us which booths to go to based on our tastes. It was very appreciated. I highly suggest doing this tour when you get into town if you have a few hours. Things will make so much more sense and you'll get a sense of where you are in the city! And don't forget to tip your guide, and don't be afraid to ask questions! They're seriously awesome!

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersHistory BuffsLocal Culture