Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 64%Nightlife Lovers
- 64%Budget Travelers
- 64%Luxury Travelers
- 64%Family Travelers
- 58%Business Travelers
- 57%Local Culture
Member Reviews (10)Write a review
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3
Sansei has one of the best happy hours in Waikiki, but you'll have to save your appetite until 10pm for it. Their happy hours are currently Friday and Saturday night from 10PM to 1AM. All sushi and appetizers are half off! During this time Friday, they have free karaoke, and on Saturday they have an open mic with an entertainer to play music.
Sansei is conveniently located on the 2nd floor of the Marriott Hotel on Kalakaua ave.Recommended for:
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMember ofWellnessGreen TravelersStudentsAdventure Travelers
One of Hawaii's most famous island-born chefs runs this sushi bar and fusion seafood restaurant on the 2nd floor of a chain hotel. Call ahead for reservations or show up before they open to get a sunset-view table on the lanai. Happy-hour and late-night dining specials make the menu more affordable.Recommended for:
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 2First to Review
Sansei offers very good sushi in a great atmosphere. The restaurant has a big lanai (balcony) overlooking Waikiki Beach - a great place to take in a sunset while you eat. The sushi is very good, although I recommend avoiding the award winning specials (just so-so) and sticking with the more traditional ngiri (yellow tail was amazing). Its reasonably kid friendly, although our kids (who like sushi) didn't like the kids sushi sampler much.Recommended for:
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5
Sansei is still my favorite casual restaurant in Waikiki. I must have recommended it to every person we met on the trip. Like my last trip, we had dinner here twice. During our first visit, we did the omakase dinner for 2 (the price went up to $75), which is a must order. You get all of their signature dishes, which are all amazing:
- Edamame & Traditional Miso Soup
- Sansei's Mango Crab Salad Handroll
- Sansei Special Roll
- Panko Crusted Ahi Sashimi Sushi Roll
- Sansei's Asian Shrimp Cake
- Japanese Calamari Salad
- Sansei's Lobster & Blue Crab Ravioli
- Matsuhisa Style Miso Butterfish
The best time to come is for their late night happy hour that starts at 10pm. Prices are already super reasonable but you get half off their sushi and appetizers.
You must order:
- Dungeness Crab Ramen with Asian Truffle Broth
- Panko-Crusted Fresh Ahi Sashimi
- Matsuhisa Style Miso Butterfish
- Lobster & Crab Ravioli
- Seared Foie Gras Nigiri Sushi
- Signature dessert: Sansei's "Granny Smith" Apple TartRecommended for:
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi BarMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3
Amazing food and incredibly fast! I was shocked at how quick they were able to pump out our orders, and quality was not lost in the process. Not the best place to go if you're looking to fill up, but if you are just in it for the taste this is the place!