Santa Barbara Hostel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Santa Barbara HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 7Sep 26, 2013
This no frills hotel is great for the price and such a relief from the overpriced tourist gauntlet of Ocean Drive and Collins Ave. It isn't anything fancy and you don't get an ocean view, but it's clean and comfortable. Plus, it's in a perfect location. It's a block and a half from the beach, steps away from Collins Ave, and walking distance to nightlife and restaurants. For the price of a few watered down cocktails, two people can sleep comfortably and stay on budget. This hotel is good for adventure travelers, especially since interesting people are always coming through.
- Santa Barbara HostelMember ofLuxury TravelersHistory BuffsNightlife Lovers+ 2First to ReviewOct 29, 2013
The entrance to the Santa Barbara Hostel is gated and opens up to a large courtyard, complete with tables and vending machines. It is conveniently located near the beach and a few blocks away from Miami's famous Ocean Drive. Being a hostel full of young people looking for action, it's not the quietest spot in the city. There is always music playing in the courtyard, so if you're looking to sleep, get a room as far away from that as possible. The rooms are fine, but the bathrooms seemed like they needed a thorough scrubbing. I also don't think I'd use the public kitchen. However, if you're looking to meet some other travelers and enjoy the Miami Beach nightlife, this is a good place to stay.
Poor445 reviews across the web.
- BeachWonderful beach. 100% of guests enjoyed it.
- Location100% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Hotel100% considered it to be not well-maintained.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 74% of guests gave positive feedback.
- ServiceOnly 61% found the staff to be friendly enough.
- AmbianceAmbiance is not good. It had 53% negative mentions.