Step through the unassuming entrance to this amazing church located in a building that used to house Roman baths. You will be greeted by a grand dome topped with an incredible stained glass image of the solar system. Inside, you can admire the old meridian which, until the mid 1800s, was used to set the clocks in Rome.
Restaurants near Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
- 10.23 mi
- 20.22 miVia Flavia, 63, Rome, Italy0.22 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri3 reviews
Read the reviews on here so visited tonight. Couldn't have been more friendly and helpful - they even took a table and chairs out because we wanted to sit outside - just go there you'll love it.Popular with
- 30.16 miVia Flavia, 38, Rome, Province of Rome, Italy0.16 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri1 review
I searched around for the English menu or the English sign board outside advertising the specials. None. Good. Walk in, and all I could hear was Italian being spoken. Good. Look around, zero tourists except for the two that were with me. Great. The big pork leg next to us waiting to be carved and calling my name. Superb. Good ...Popular with
- 40.23 miVia Flavia 980.23 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
I don't even know how to describe how much I loved the pizza (or "pinsa") from this place! They make personal oblong shaped pizzas that range from 3-4 Euros made fresh and served straight out of the oven with a crispy but light crust and loaded with tons of delicious toppings. The place is bustling with Italians on their lunch ...Popular with
- 50.12 miVia Antonio Salandra, 1A, Rome, Italy0.12 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri2 reviews
A decent place to grab dinner near Termini Station. It seems to be a family-run restaurant. All the staff is friendly to tourists. They don't speak great English, but do their best to help translate the menu. The pasta is pretty good, but I really enjoyed their tiramisu.
- 60.67 miVia della Panetteria 42, Rome 00187 Italy0.67 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri21 reviews
I don't care where you get it but make sure & have some gelato while in Italy!! No other place (even if they SAY they have Italian gelato) comes close in deliciousness!Popular with
- 70.65 miVia di San Vito, 13, 00185 Rome, Italy0.65 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
Delicious food that is mostly mostly marchegiano (from the Le Marche region). In lots of guidebooks, but still a favorite of locals. A reservation here is a must due to the small size of the restaurant.Popular with
- 80.71 miVia Leonina, 18, 00184 Rome, Italy0.71 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri5 reviews
Unfortunately I have not yet been to Sicily. But I've had cannoli in New York... and I had no idea. I didn't think I liked cannolis until I had one here. Absolutely delicious!!! It's supposed to be one of the best Sicilian bakeries in Rome. I haven't tried any other because I kept going here!Popular with
- 90.64 miPiazza degli Zingari 5, Rome 00184 Italy0.64 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri3 reviews
I like to think the best things in life are simple and uncomplicated, that these moments are so pure, none of the distractions of everyday life could possibly contaminate. This is how I feel about Gelateria Fatamorgana. It was by far the best gelato I had during my two months in Italy. I liked Giolitti. I loved Corona. Old Bridge ...Popular with
- 100.93 miPalazzo del freddo - Via Principe Eugenio, 65, 00185 Rome, Italy0.93 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri5 reviews
Fassi, near Piazza Vittorio, is a cavernous Roman gelato institution. Their yogurt flavor is particularly nice, with a perfect tangy sweet mix. A lesser known stop on the Roman gelateria trail, and definitely not a touristy one.Popular with
- 110.94 miVia del Babuino, 150/a, 00187 Rome, Italy0.94 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri2 reviews
Service was a bit dodgy and they were out of most food items by the evening, but fabulous location for amazing cocktails amid the sculptures. Pretty camp but fun! Have coffee or tea among the statues!Popular with
- 120.75 miVia Leonina, 84, 00184 Rome, Italy0.75 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
In Rome, certain restaurants and pizzerias are "approvato" - approved. A very Italian concept, it means that they are generally accepted to be buono (good), places where you can trust that "se manja bene" (you'll eat well, with a Roman accent). Eating well is the cornerstone of life in Italy and the topic of much conversation and analysis...but why am ...Popular with
- 130.85 miVia dei Condotti 86, 00187 Rome, Italy0.85 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri4 reviews
Yes, it's hideously touristy but both the place and the location are so steeped in history that it's a must-visit at least once. Stendhal, Goethe, Byron, Franz Liszt, Keats, Henrik Ibsen, Hans Christian Andersen and Felix Mendelssohn are amongst the historical figures who've previously taken tea and cake here. It's not the oldest place of its kind in Italy, that ...Popular with
- 140.85 miVia di San Marcello, 19, 00187 Rome, Province of Rome, Italy0.85 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri2 reviews
wonderful restaurant tucked away off the Via del Corso. Does amazing fettucini and steaks and sausages (served 'Roman style') of all sorts. Especially enjoyed the ox. Good bread as well and, of course, peroni beer.Popular with
- 150.7 miVia del Lavatore 81, Rome 00187, Italy0.7 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri2 reviews
Great food and atmosphere just steps from the Fontana di Trevi. Everything we had was extra tasty from the bread to the house wine and the steaks. Pricey but worth it!
- 160.4 mi
- 170.93 mi
- 180.92 miLargo Corrado Ricci 37, Rome 00184 Italy0.92 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri3 reviews
One of the many touristy eateries right by the Colosseum, the food is decent and not too pricy, but be advised they do not serve pasta at "lunch," which goes as late as 4 or 5 pm.
- 190.6 miVia Panisperna 214, Rome 00184 Italy0.6 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri3 reviews
Was faced with a tough decision of figuring out where to go eat one night in Rome 8 years ago (that's Roma, for locals) and had absolutely no idea, other than grabbing a travel guidebook I purchased from triple A right before the trip, and basically doing some eeeny meeny miney schmoe with random finger pointing to decide our free ...Popular with
- 200.45 miVia Veneto 11, 00187 Rome0.45 mi from Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri
A very 'candid' environment for this completely white restaurant, very close to Piazza Barberini. It has big glass window letting give a look outside to the traffic and people passing by. It is very elegant and raw fish is exposed behind the restaurant window. It could be a chance for a romantic date.