Santa Monica Farmers' Market
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 71%Local Culture
- 64%Budget Travelers
- 57%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (32)
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 13Oct 24, 2013
This farmer's market has a lot of atmosphere and many vendors to choose from. The food and produce were delicious and met some nice people!
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 12, 2013
Not just fresh produce! It's like a harvest fair every Sunday. There are food booths, artists, entertainers, and just world-class people watching. It's a great place for breakfast or brunch, and you can take your food over to the beach if you can't find a seat.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Jun 01, 2013
I absolutely love the Wednesday Farmers' Market. When I used to work down the street, I would go every week and usually end up buying way too much delicous fresh fruit and veg. Now I go there for specific things or during the seasons for my favorite fruits. Try the Charlynne melons during the summer months, or white peaches. My absolute favorite booth is Bezian's Sourdough. Trust me- you have never tried sourdough like this before. Parking tends to get harder as the morning goes on, so get there early. First 90 minutes free in most of the SM lots.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2Jul 04, 2012
The Santa Monica Farmer's Market is a perfect stop for Sunday morning breakfast. Besides vegetables & flowers, a large collection of tasty food stalls offering crepes, pastries, Mexican dishes and artisan coffee can be explored onsite. A blanket is recommended as there is a nice loan to picnic while enjoying a meal.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jul 04, 2012
Come here on a Saturday morning and you can smell all the fresh fruits and veggies. All the produce is beautiful, and you might even find some unique things like golden or black raspberries. This is also one of the few places that carry Carlsbad Aqua Farm oysters. Get them on the half shell right at the stand or buy a dozen to take home to shuck yourself.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 1Aug 30, 2012
I come here occasionally to buy oysters from Carlsbad aquafarms. They're about as fresh as you can get 'em and you can either have them shucked on the spot for immediate consumption or you can take them home and shuck them yourself, a great deal either way.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Dec 18, 2013
A mainstay in Santa Monica. This is a great place to head for Sunday brunch. You can sit outside on the grass beneath a shady tree or on one of the tables, eat mouth watering buttermilk pancakes, huge home-made omelettes or fresh tamales, and even ride a pony if you are so inclined. They also have some of the best organic produce in the world! They usually have a live band performing as well.
- Santa Monica Farmers' MarketSep 13, 2013
Wow. There is nothing like the atmosphere of the place. In addition to the fresh produce and pony rides for the kids, there are booths where you can get great omelets, waffles, burritos, etc. Then you find a seat on the lawn and enjoy. Finally pack up some great stuff to take home.Recommended for:Family Travelers