This beach is great for anyone looking for sun & fun. You can ride bikes, show off your strength @ the original muscle beach, or just relax & soak some rays. It's popular but not crowded.
Things to do near Santa Monica State Beach
- 410.48 mi3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA, USA0.48 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
- 420.34 mi120 Wilshire Blvd, Sanra Monica, CA, United States0.34 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
- 430.78 miSanta Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California0.78 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Gorgeous to look at and kids (along with kids at heart) still enjoy riding any one of the fifty-six hand carved horses. Actually, a few other animals are also represented but the horses are what catch your eye. This historic 1916 Loof Carousel was the "Chicago Carousel" seen in the movie The Sting.Popular withLocalBudgetFamilies
- 440.78 miSanta Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California0.78 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
No need to travel to Vegas to see their show. Santa Monica, close to the pier and the beach is a semi-permanent location for Cirque du Soleil. Shuttle busses are available for those who park at the civic center. The Shore Hotel on Ocean also has available parking. We saw "Totem" which didn't feature as much in high wire performances ...Popular withLocalFamiliesDesign
- 450.81 mi
- 460.76 mi420 Broadway, Santa Monica, CA 90401-23140.76 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Oh he just sold me an eye lash curler! Service in the beauty section is top notch!!! I was sold an eye lash curler that heats up while there for a yelp event this past December. One of the workers, I forget the name now, came up to me and volunteered to teach me how to use it. I knew ...Popular withWellness
- 470.79 mi538–590 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California0.79 mi from Santa Monica State Beach2 reviews
An uninspired ride with only a few non-stop go-arounds but the view from the top is worth the ride and brings it up to a four star rating.Popular withOutdoorLocalLGBT
- 480.74 mi395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA0.74 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Melissa at the register was so nice and patient with me and my cousin arguing over who was paying for my stuff. I won and Melissa was awesome about it and I told her I'd give her a shout out. Not too many sales - the Disney Outlet is better and the 35% discount I would get from my friend ...
- 490.79 mi370 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California0.79 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
When they say "Ready", it's not a question it's a command. I managed to jump off before I thought twice about what I was doing lol Standing up there waiting for my turn gave me butterflies. Swinging on a trapeze with a view of the pier felt exhilarating. A big thanks to Blaine, Caroline (she also teaches aerial silk) and ...Popular withStudentsFamiliesOutdoor
- 500.77 mi1551 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, California0.77 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Formally known as "41 Ocean" this is a newly established private club located in a rear courtyard. I was there for an event so I had an opportunity to see the facilities but not sample their food or service. Partially open air, scattered comfortable seating set in an Old California decor, with an inside bar that provides some intimacy, the ...Popular withLocalNightlife
- 510.32 mi1200 Palisades Beach Rd, Santa Monica, CA0.32 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
A fun weekend activity for locals & tourists alike - you can rent a bike for the day starting near the Santa Monica Pier and take the concrete bike path south towards Venice Beach. It's a great way to experience the beach beyond sunbathing - and there is plenty of great people watching on the bike path! Bike rentals are ...
- 520.81 mi
- 530.62 mi1324 5th St0.62 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
This is written from an inexperienced, first-time skater perspective. I had a really great time at this rink. I had never been to one before, so I couldn't tell you whether the ice was quality or not..... nothing to compare it to. I grew up in a desert, so that's my excuse for not knowing how to skate or rollerblade. ...Popular withFamilies
- 540.72 mi395 Santa Monica Pl., Suite 153, Santa Monica, CA0.72 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
I can't help but compare it to a certain tea shop found at upscale malls, and Bird Pick knocks their socks off. If you like tea, I strongly suggest shopping here. These are just some of the reasons: Friendly Service- Genuine service with staff that is there to help you, no matter how much you are spending. They care more ...
- 550.85 misanta monica pier0.85 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Parking: Parking: Crazy during concert nights. The pier parking lot is closed. How can you not like free concerts on the beach? Came here for an event. We sat on beach towels. Had some drinks. We even tried the new fad: wonut: waffle donuts. We watched the sun set over the water while listen to music. The vibe has changed ...Popular withNightlifeBudgetOutdoor
- 560.61 mi1358 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401-1371, United States0.61 mi from Santa Monica State Beach2 reviews
This is a very wonderful spa! The first word that comes out of my mouth is heavenly! The people there are extremely warm and friendly. I had a facial done there and it was lovely! This is a wonderful spa - the ambiance is zen like and comfortable. This location of Burke Williams is smaller & the costs for treatments ...Popular withWellness
- 570.65 mi101 Broadway Street, Santa Monica, CA, United States0.65 mi from Santa Monica State Beach2 reviews
**OK LOUNGE WITH OK DRINKS** Stopped by on a Friday night. Drinks were a bit on the pricey side. ORDERED: *VODKA AND RED BULL - $10 *GREY GOOSE SHOT - $12 The people were friendly. Music wasn't all that great, but tolerable. Small dance floor. Young people in their mid to late 20's. By the end of the night, people ...Popular withAdventure
- 580.65 mi1427 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA, United States0.65 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
The parking is easy to find because there are a lot of parking structures in walking distance. Besides parking structures, you can also find street parking. The Michael's here is pretty small and tightly packed but they do have a large selection for crafty projects that include jewelry, clay, stickers, and scrapbooking.
- 590.53 mi1322 3rd Street0.53 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
Hard Tail...curious name for a women's clothing store! What are they trying to get at with this name? There are pictures of cute Junior sized models with er, uh, Hard Tails! Maybe they are bitchy and spoiled (well they do have that look models have of aloofness!) so for guys, they are really Hard Tail? The clothes are all super ...Popular withTrendsters
- 600.6 mi1820 S Pacific Coast Highway0.6 mi from Santa Monica State Beach1 review
The Hot Yoga Center offers an array of classes in a VERY hot room, yes, Bikram style. While some classes are the traditional Bikram series and some are varied, all classes are hot and on the infamous carpeted floor. For Bikram style yoga, the studio proved just fine. Bikram style has many fans and many people who react in an ...Popular withSpiritual