Trip Plan Details
- Kalachandji's Palace & Rstrnt5430 Gurley Ave, Dallas, TX 75223recommended Kalachandji's Palace & RstrntKalachandji's is the longest running veggie restaurant in Dallas and is also a beautiful sacred space. Meaning "the beautiful moon-faced one," Kalachandji is featured in the temple space adjacent to ... read morethe restaurant. Food is Indian and prepared in the ayurvedic tradition. A must-visit, both for the food and as a sacred site.Recommended for:Meg Brooker
great food and interesting to visit--
- Deep EllumDeep Ellum, Dallas, TX 75226, USArecommended Deep EllumDallas's nightclub district is the place to go for live music, dancing and drinking. There's everything from swank to dive bars and even some swanky dive bars (if that's possible) and in the Big D, ... read moreyou better believe it is. Club Trees is my personal favorite but then again, I could biased by the fact that I got to belly up to the bar next to Mike Ness of Social Distortion fame a few lifetimes ago before watching him blaze into a searing rendition of 'Mommy's Little Monster.'
- Chapel of ThanksgivingCity Center District, Downtown Dallas on Pacific Ave.recommended Chapel of ThanksgivingThe Chapel of Thanksgiving spirals towards the heavens in all its stained glass glory right in the middle of Downtown Dallas. Even if it wasn't featured prominently in the film the 'Tree of Life' ... read morearchitect Philip Johnson's masterly vision of giving thanks being a universal value in all cultures is worthy of an afternoon's contemplation and exploration.Baxter Jackson
If you're in downtown Dallas, this is worth a look/see
- Stockyards Station130 East Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164-8210recommended Stockyards StationTexas longhorns, saloons, cowboys and honky tonks! Historic downtowns always seem to catch my attention, but especially so when they've been remastered as entertainment districts. And what a district ... read morethis is! Right in the heart of urban downtown Fort Worth, Stockyards Station feels like a time warp back to the old west. Cobblestone streets, wooden saloon doors and the longhorns - in the street! Everyday they drive the herd around the city streets. Where else can you see that?!Arlo Hemphill
Stockyards Station and the surrounding area is the fun spot to center yourself while in Fort Worth. It's the historic, cobblestone downtown with old saloon store fronts and has largely been converted into a bar district. Also, there is a herd of Texan longhorn cattle living down here and they run them through the streets once a day. Not your typical downtown activity!
- Billy Bob's Texas2520 Rodeo Plz, Fort Worth, TX 76106recommended Billy Bob's TexasThe largest honky tonk in the world simply cannot be ignored. This cavern of a nightclub meets dance hall meets concert hall is equipped with nothing short of a full rodeo bull ring (inside!) and ... read morefeatures some of the best southern rock and country acts in the country. There's so much space in here, you're bound to find a nook that meets your tastes!Arlo Hemphill
Billy Bob's in the Stockyards is the place to go for a big night out. It's the largest honkey tonk in the world, including several bars, stages and even a complete bullriding ring inside! They play all the big country acts, but also regularly feature rock and pop artists. It's a big place for a big state.