Please recommend some off the strip hole in the wall grub joints in central vegas... I will be going out to shoot the Las Vegas bowl and may not even be staying near the strip, so curious to find some delectable stuff off the strip =D
commented on this trip
The buffets of buffets you definitely have to take advantage of..Comment.5 months ago. Report
- Komol Restaurant953 E Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104recommended Komol RestaurantThis place is HOT STUFF! Literally. No, their AC is not broken. It's their food that makes them so hot. You can order your food with a hotness level from 1-10. I usually order Medium at Thai ... read morerestaurants, but I went with a 3 on this order because I was sharing with my non-spice loving wife. Man, that 3 was hotter than any Medium I've had anywhere. They don't mess around here! Besides their super hotness, I'm a fan of this place because they have a truly vegan/vegetarian menu. I didn't need to quiz the server about the presence of fish or oyster sauce here. They even have vegan home-made vegan coconut ice cream. We ordered the Vegetarian Pud Zee Euw (8.95; Stir fried flat rice noodles with broccoli and soy bean sauce w/choice of American or Chinese broccoli) and the Vegetarian Dinner Special #3 (10.95) which included an appetizer (Spring Roll), soup (Mushroom Tom Kha) and Vegetable Pad Thai for the main course. They were all very yummy (and spicy) and among the best Thai food I've had. Now that I know where this place is, I'll be back, but I have to say that it is not easy to find. It's in a large shopping center, and if you enter on the wrong side, you'll pass dozens of businesses before you find it. The best directions I can provide are: it's kind of in the middle of the commercial center, near a bar. Pros: Very Veggie friendly with dedicated menu section Great prices Lots of parking Real spiciness Friendly service Entry way is filled with articles and awards (including a letter from Yelp!) Cons: Location is a little shady and kind of hard to find.Comment.6 months ago. ReportAndrea L
Another Thai favorite...
commented on this trip
Lotus of Siam on E. Sahara is a great spot.
commented on this trip
Oyster Bar at Palace Station for the Pan Roast. Just prepare to wait
- In-N-Out Burger4888 South Dean Martin Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89103recommended In-N-Out BurgerIn n Out in Vegas is open until 1am on most days, which made it convenient for my post-Strip at Night marathon dinner, as well as all of the other runners who were hobbling slowly through the lobby. ... read moreAs with all locations, everything is fresh. My only gripe is that they don't take Amex.Joseph Coureur
I know it's a chain, but it's that good.
- Lotus of Siam953 East Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89104recommended Lotus of SiamProbably not the best Thai food I've ever had since Thai Town in LA is closer than Vegas, but this place did impress me. I don't think I can count how many times people have mentioned Lotus of Siam to ... read moreme in passing. Lotus of Siam is tucked away in a strip mall on Sahara away from the Las Vegas Strip. It's somewhat small and unassuming but the food is pretty good. They do have the chili condiments on the side if you request it because everyone enjoys different levels of heat in their food. My friends and I met up for a SoCal UYE of sorts while here on Yelp Spring Break. We arrived before the restaurant opened for lunch. At lunch they offer an AYCE buffet for $10.99 but you can also order a la carte too. We decided to order off of the menu. We tried: Crispy Duck (5 stars) - By far my favorite dish, the duck was de-boned and fried to a crisp with excellent flavor. Chicken Satay (4 stars) - I thought the chicken was perfectly cooked. It's really easy to overcook chicken but this was great. The peanut dipping sauce and cucumber salad condiments were spot on. Yellow Curry (3 stars) - Pretty standard curry but the vegetables were undercooked. I like my curry vegetables to be a little softer. Pad See Ew with beef (3 stars) - Pretty standard. The noodles were soft and the Chinese broccoli was good. The service was ok at best. We did ask for a large table because we were expecting a large party, however, we were stood up. The waiter expressed that they could split our bill into 4 but that was the max he would do. After our dishes were brought out, he disappeared until we had to flag him down for our check. No matter. The food was good, we were happy. No reservations for lunch but they take reservations for dinner.
- Monta Ramen5030 West Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, NVrecommended Monta RamenIn Las Vegas' strip-mall Chinatown neighborhood, this Japanese ramen shop looks like just another hole-in-the-wall. But its seats are always filled with hungry, satisfied customers gorging on big ... read morebowls of pork-broth noodles and pan-steam gyoza.Sara Benson
There are hundreds of pan-Asian places to eat along Spring Mountain Rd, just west of the Strip, in Las Vegas' Chinatown neighborhood.
- Famous Dave's BBQ2630 East Craig Road, North Las Vegas, NV, United Statesrecommended Famous Dave's BBQFamous Dave's BBQ is a franchise restaurant this one happens to be North Las Vegas. It is very good BBQ and it’s across the street from the Cannery Hotel and Casino.
- Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall5111 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89122recommended Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling HallThis is the place to be all cowboy or cowgirl up with a western store to do it right then take it upstair to learn all the right steps. Plus their is a large bowling alley.
- Garduno's2400 N. Rancho Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89130recommended Garduno'sIf you want good Mexican food you need not go anywhere else other than here. Great prices plus they also have salsa bar for you try out all different types of salsa. This is located in the Fiesta ... read moreCasino.
- Studio B Show Kitchen Buffet (M Resort)12300 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Henderson, NVrecommended Studio B Show Kitchen Buffet (M Resort)Good quality buffet at less than $30 or $20 depending on the time with unlimited alcohol. Lines are long depending on time so go on off-peak time to save yourself from the wait. Good quality buffet. ... read more
- Babycakes Cafe2400 N. Buffalo Drive, Suite 145, Las Vegas, NV 89128, United Statesrecommended Babycakes CafeBanana Creme Pie pancakes and so many other amazing flavors offered along with classic breakfast favorites. All yum and reasonably priced.