Scoops

712 North Heliotrope Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90029
Scoops in LA

• ScoopsPro 2014

Chinatown Scoops Review. Can't find the Scoops for Chinatown.

I love Scoops as it is the best Ice Cream I believe in LA. This is the third location i think to open up and it is in Chinatown. With less choices but amazing options still. Gotta get my sugar fix on here. Their brown bread version is a little different and is called Bianco Bread and taste similar to the Scoops chain but made with slightly different cream? Still amazing to try out different ice creams every time we visit. Lots of choices still and get there early before other flavors run out. Located in the plaza along with Chego that was located on the west side before. You can find free parking below as long as it is validated.

Recommended for:FoodiesVegetarian
  • ScoopsPro 2014

After much debate and a bunch of mini scoops later..i finally made the choice of getting the Salty Chocolate ( which is way better tasting than the salty vanilla, very odd after taste)
    its 2 scoops per cup so i opted out for the mint..which was EXTREMELY sweet that i ended up tossing out the mint after 3 licks.

my friend had the mango guava Sorbet which turned out to be my favorite, it was refreshing and not overly sweet like everything else we had ordered. On the bottom of his sorbet was the hazelnut vanilla which initially was delish..but after 5 licks it wasn't so wonderful anymore.

I thought that it was extremely thoughtful that they place water to the side of the shop, knowing that guest will prob die of thirst - it was great idea except that they replace fresh water with toilet water..how do i know this ..well i had toilet water of course! noo..but seriously ...my friend can contest to this! So in the end we donated the water to the trees outside.. (your welcome trees)

2 scoops is def more than enough ....

• Scoops

Definitely the most unique ice cream flavors I've ever seen, and made fresh every day! Brown bread is my favorite! Others like strawberry balsamic vinaigrette are just fun to try. If you go just before they close, if they have leftovers from the day, they will give you leftover tubs of ice cream for free!

Recommended for:TrendstersLocal CultureFoodiesStudents
  • ScoopsPro 2014

One of my favorite ice cream shops in Los Angeles. Scoops makes homemade ice cream, but with a twist. There are unique flavors such as Brown Bread (my all-time favorite), Guinness Coffee or Thai Tea, and even soy-based flavors for such classics as chocolate. At the cash register, add any of the free toppings: sprinkles, nuts or crushed cookie pieces.

It's a must-try in LA!

Cost: $2.90 per scoop, which is really like two small scoops of one or two flavors.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsVegetarian
  • ScoopsPro 2014

Scoops is #3 on my favorite ice cream list :)

I came from Long Beach to meet up for dinner with my foodie date, Steph Y. We had Scoops before dinner because I was curious about their famous Brown Bread ice cream. I love quirky flavors and this was on my to-eat-list. Unfortunately I showed up too late and they were out of Brown Bread :( but the staff managed to scrape a mini-spoonful out so I could sample it ( A++ for great service!).

I have a bad habit of wanting to try unique flavors/food or entres/beverage with weird names (ie. Glory Hole from OC Mining co, Alien Blood from Raw, Basil ice cream from Rose Creamry, Gen Mai Cha Latte from Cafe Dulce, bug dishes from Typhoon, etc). Not everything I try is amazing, it's a hit or miss lol But it makes my food album on my facebook pretty entertaining.

Brown Bread ice cream was def a HIT! It tasted like bread with a good balance of the sweetness from the ice cream. I'm not saying its my favorite flavor, but I would like to order a scoop next time I'm in the area.

I got 2 scoops:
    - blueberry cream: thumbs up
    - green tea - peanut butter ice cream: meh

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
  • Scoops

Love their unique flavors! If you have an idea, they're able to possibly create it in ice cream form for you.

• ScoopsPro 2014

It took me a while to discover Scoops, but thanks to Marthie D., I was able to enjoy a fun lunch date followed with two scoops of really delicious ice cream! I really liked trying 3-4 different flavors without feeling like a pig. It made me feel welcomed and guilt-free knowing that I am allowed to be indecisive when I'm in a small ice cream shop with awesome flavors such as banana coconut, strawberry lychee (very light and refreshing), pistachio rose water, peanut butter and oreo, etc. If you save your cup and bring it back another time, you get a 50 cent discount or something. The person working behind the counter taught me this!

Parking can be a little tricky here since it is right next to LACC campus, but if you park a block away, there are plenty of residential parking.

• Scoops

The most creative flavors in Los Angeles that you can find. The ice cream is always wonderful here. Cash only.

Oh-my-goodness-gracious-great-­balls-of-fire!

Someone needs to send the fire department to this place, because it's on fire!! And I mean on FIIIII-YAHHH!!!

Okay I came here to kill two birds in one stone: a vegan joint across the street (Pure Luck) and this awesome place. I first found out about Scoops via a mobile picture my friend took on Facebook. It was her and an ice cream cone of Thai Iced Tea. "WTH?! Thai Iced Tea?! You HAVE to tell me where this is!!" She warned me that there were different flavors every day, so I might just NOT get a taste.

I went there, HOPING, WISHING, WANTING Thai Iced Tea. But was there any? No :( The ice cream gods were not in my favor... or so I thought.

The lady across the counter told me to try as much as I wanted since I informed her it was my first time. There was Pomegrante Dragon Fruit, Green Tea Chocolate, Hazel Nut Coffee, Strawberry Lychee, Banana Coconut. Oh dear, the ice cream gods did not let me down. It was SO hard to pick just one. The lady across the counter noticed us (May W., my other friend, and I) drooling over everything and told us that ONE scoop is actually TWO scoops.. AKA I can get two flavors. "THANK YOU ICE CREAM GODS!" I guess it all makes sense because one scoop would go against their name. So I got my Strawberry Lychee and Banana Coconut.

That Strawberry Lychee tasted just like strawberry lychee and that Banana Coconut was like dessert heaven to gorillas and chimpanzees. And if I was a chimpanzee, you'd hear me saying "Ohh ah ah ah," to the ice cream gods! Before I paid my $2.75, I managed to sprinkle some free confetti sprinkles on top. FREE?! Yes, free sprinkles from confetti, chocolate and rainbow.

As we devoured our ice cream, we took some pictures and noticed a cute pink corner to sit at. Little did we know that it was the "Anti-social Corner." How did we know that? There was a tiny sign in that corner saying so. It must be there so people can eat their ice cream in peace, because that ice cream needs all the attention it can get.

GREAT and I mean GREAT, FRIENDLY service and awesome ice cream. You can definitely find me here again :)!

Recommended for:Vegetarian
  • Scoops

A friend introduced me to this place by describing all the wacky flavors they had. Jalepeno Chedder gelato? I tried it. It tastes exactly like it sounds....but still really good! Guiness dark chocolate? Now that's a good combination! Their main staple and must-try gelato for first timers though is brown bread. This place....I love this place.

• Scoops

This ice cream parlor makes me fall in love with ice cream all over again. Unique flavors (they rotate but brown bread is always on the menu) and a very friendly staff, plus it's cheaper than most fro-yo places.

• Scoops

Creative flavors and free toppings! I gotta say, the brown bread ice cream is one of the most unique ice cream flavors I've had.

It's located right behind LACCC and there is metered parking available around the area.

• Scoops

Inexpensive, great and UNIQUE selection, and free sprinkles! They also have a few dairy free options. They are also CASH ONLY.

• Scoops

This place is known for some of their more unique flavor combinations. Also if you're a vegan this is the place to go. They have vegan friendly ice cream and it's GOOD!

Recommended for:Vegetarian
  • Scoops

made out of magic and fairy dust?
    a fairytale's fantasy come true!

• Scoops

With homemade flavors like "Brown Bread" (caramelized Grape Nuts... seriously!), Scoops is not only unique, but inexpensive and very open to suggestions! Read the suggestion board for other people's ideas, and feel free to add your own. Help yourself to free sprinkles and make sure to try lots of flavors before ordering.

593 people visited Scoops