SEABLUE by Michael Mina (MGM Grand)

• SEABLUE by Michael Mina (MGM Grand)Pro 2014
    Verlisia
    5 Nov 06, 2013
    Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • SEABLUE by Michael Mina (MGM Grand)
    Bridget Purviance
    3 Jan 08, 2013

Wonderful food, horrible service.

4 girls and I came here before they went to see a show. We told the waitress this and she assured us they would make it. She then proceeded to ignore us, give us a hard time for separate checks, leave off one of my dishes so that I got it when everyone else was done eating, and mix up the items on the checks. We had to flag her down or ask other waitstaff several times for the check and to order. The restaurant wasn't busy, as we were one of 2 tables.

This place ain't cheap. The least expensive items on the menu are the side dishes for $10; most dishes were in the $20 - $40 range. I don't mind paying that much for high quality, well-made food, but fine dining places with upscale ambiances and quality food usually go along with stellar service. Not here.

As for the food, we ordered the crab-stuffed prawns, lobster "pop-tart," seafood poppers, prawn scampi, and macaroni and cheese. Portions were all pretty small, but everything was fresh and amazing. I wasn't wowed by the pop-tart, and my favorite was probably the scampi. The waiter arranged the prawns and sauce tableside, and the flavor of the sauce on the fresh fish and perfectly cooked pasta was incredible.

All of the food was brought out at different times, so we couldn't really enjoy it together, but it was still great food.

Full bar, and I highly recommend the "Adult Arnold Palmer" to drink. If they weren't $13 each, I'd keep sipping them all night.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers

185 people visited SEABLUE by Michael Mina (MGM Grand)