Seafood Village

1463 Nogales Street, Rowland Heights, CA

• Seafood VillagePro 2014

If you like dim sum and live around the area, this one definite worth to check it out. Their dim sum is actually very good and perhaps best in Rowland Height, at top of that is good price too. Just aware this is cart dim sum anymore, but usually that mean you can to get order any dim sum that you like and usually better and fresh quality, They also know for having cheap lunch special like $5 something and good bbq.

• Seafood VillageAmbassadorPro 2014

My friends and I always come out here from West LA to have dim sum together. One of my friends knows a manager here, so we get hooked up sometimes. But even without a hook up, the prices are still cheap. On average, each person pays maybe $10-15. The wait time can be long, but it's Rowland Heights with a lot of Asians eating dim sum on the weekends. Come a bit earlier to account for parking time and seating time!

The pineapple buns are my favorite dessert...I crave them :)

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Seafood VillagePro 2014

Never gone here for dim sum, only dinners. And early dinners before 6 PM to avoid the crowd. :) Located right next to T.S. Emporium, the parking lot can be pretty busy.

We let my parents order whatever they want since we typically go here for either a Mother's Day or Father's Day dinner.

They usually have a special where if you have 7 or more people, you get a FREE whole chicken and if you have less than 7 people but order $30 worth, you get a FREE 1/2 chicken which I really like. It's steamed and has an awesome ginger sauce!

We've gotten:

Bamboo Root - my favorite
    Frog Legs
    French Style Beef
    Wintermelon Soup
    Tofu Stew

and a bunch of other things that I don't know the name of :(

If you have older folk in your party, you can also request them to do "Light Salt, Light Oil" to be semi-healthy.

• Seafood Village

This is my usual DIM SUM place.

I have been here MANY times with and without my family. It is straight up style dim sum - meaning you look at the menu (it has pictures) and you order it and they bring it to you. I can't stand dim sum that come in carts. I hate waiting. So this is considered a STRAIGHT UP dim sum place.

SERVICE:
    Hit or miss... especially when it's busy but if you wave a person down and kinda repeatedly tell them what you want, they finally get the hint and get it for you. Wave down anyone dressed in a tie.

FOOD:
    I love my dim sum here. The chicken feet is ehhh, but the rest is good. I always get chinese broccoli YES. And the typical shui mai, ha gaow, etc.

WAIT TIME:
    Sat and Sun brunch times - you will wait.. come when they open around 10 and you WILL get a table... come after 11am, you WILL have to wait.

PARKING:
    Killer... this is like a crazy place to park because it's always busy and people will fight you for a parking spot.

Overall... I come here because it's my usual spot for family time.

• Seafood Village

This is one of my favorite dim sum restaurants now. The portions are huge, and cheap. The garlic crab special is real good and cheap! Come early or you will have to wait. This place gets real crowded. Also next door there is a place where you can get dim sum and duck, etc to go.
    This place is greasier than happy harbor but otherwise I am a fan.

403 people visited Seafood Village