Season's 52

Irene Yu
    5 Jan 03, 2014

Seasons 52 is a classy upscale establishment without the arrogant snooty customer service. It highlights seasonal ingredients on it's rotating menu and features items that contain no more than 475 calories. But forget about counting calories, lets get right to the menu as I'm sure you all can appreciate fresh ingredients and creative dishes. :)

Items (shared between two people)
    *Red Wine: Kim Crawford (pinot noir). light and smooth
    *Flatbread: Garlic Chicken. DEE-LISH-USH! highly recommended
    *Appetizer: Black Mussels. standard
    *Dinner Entree: Scallops & Asparagus. tasty, satisfying
    *Dinner Entree: Filet Minon (cooked medium) soft, juicy, and tender. i would order this again
    *Dessert: Rocky Road. Good
    *Dessert: Banana Cream. Heavenly. Definitely save room for this :)

Overall the food is very tasty, though the prices are a bit steeper than I would like to fork over. Thankfully I didn't :) Nice romantic spot to spoil that special someone though. *wink*

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersWellness
    Suki
    4 Jan 31, 2013

I came here for the first time last year with some old work buddies for a mini reunion. I made reservations online and we were all promptly seated.

We sat seated for 15 minutes without menu or waters and this kinda became a theme throughout the entire meals. Bad service, good meal. What gives?

Our party ordered the chicken flatbread, goat cheese ravioli, and the ahi tuna. Everything tasted light, fresh, and wonderful and it was hard to believe it was under 475 calories, and the menu changes every season which is cool.

At the end of our meal, we were brought the mini dessert indulgences and I went with a strawberry cheesecake which wasn't as good as my friend's chocolate cake. Next time I might try that instead.

Debbie Miller
    5 Dec 26, 2012

The food here is really good, especially for all being really healthy. Try the mini indulgences - they're so good and since they're small, you can try several ;) The menu changes seasonally though there are some staples like the flatbreads, salads, etc.

travel33
    3 Dec 20, 2012

They state the menu items are all low calorie! However, they suggest you order a few things to share so by the time you finish eating everything, you consumed as many calories as you would anywhere else. The food is good! But I feel it's a bit too pricey. Season's 52 is located next to Bloomies at South Coast Plaza.

Grace C.
    3 Oct 12, 2012

Wow is all I can say.

The fact that everything on the menu is 475 calories or less? And they change the menu with each season - and put on the menu things that are IN season.

The food was pretty good. I had the flatbread which is like a really thin crust pizza. My friend got tortilla soup and salad and wow - that serving size was huge. And *that* is still under the 475 cals. Says a lot about eating healthy.

But the desserts. oh my goodness. i'm sure each little cup of dessert is 475 cals, but i don't care. So good.

Phillip Nguyen
    4 Oct 04, 2012

Seasons 52, you make me feel so fancy!

I took out the valet ticket and put it on the table to remember to get it validated. *Swoop* came Rafael from nowhere and said, "I'll have this validated for you Sir."

I unwrapped my straw for the Arnold Palmer and put the wrapper on the table. *Swoop* No wrapper on the table.

Arnold Palmer (~$4) - 3.5/5 - It wasn't consistent. The refill was better.

Sirloin Steak (~$22) - 3.75/5 - Perfectly medium rare like I like. The sides were bland except the mushrooms. The steak sauce was too strong but I didn't need it since the steak was perfect.

Mocha Macchiato (~$3) - 5/5 - So indulgent! I LOVED IT! A MUST!

So glad I decided to treat myself to a $40 lunch. I'm so proud of me for picking this place, I need to treat myself again soon.

Free valet! New weekly menu items (52!)! Each less than 475 calories!

Rosemary Tsai
    4 Sep 25, 2012

Why the name Seasons 52? That's because they change their menu "52" times a year = every week. All of their food are under 450 calories, which makes you supposedly feel good about yourself~

I came here twice within the last week & half b.c. of needed shopping spree. I like the concept, I like the food, I heart the dessert, but the price for some of the menu items are over priced. B.C. of price, 1 start off!

First visit:
    1. Lamb chop - $26.00 - asked for medium, got almost rare quality, not enough mash to go with the meat, but the flavor is there ~ you wouldn't think you're eating something that' under 450 calories. The asparagus is cooked in boiling water seasoned with a dash of salt, which is simply perfect.

2. Tomato & artichoke with cheese - $5.00 - simple, nothing special but a piece of tomato with some artichoke & cheese on top.

3. Strawberry martini - $12.00 - seasonal item, very strawberry, but needs a little more alcohol in it.

4. Pecan pie mini dessert - $2.75 to DIE for ~ I can probably eat 10 of this! This was the only item I feel priced correctly.

Second visit:
    1. artichoke & goat cheese flat bread - $10.00 - good, but not memorable. I was expecting the dough to have a different texture, like a little thicker kind of flat bread? maybe?

2. Grill Chicken - $16.75 - not dry, good flavor, but not something memorable ~ priced correctly, veggies are tasting and mash potatoes are gooey and tasty.

3. mini desserts = red velvet, pecan pie, & mocha chocolate cake - I learned from my previous lesson to save my tummy for this one!

Candice Cendana
    5 Aug 20, 2012

You really can't go wrong here - everything is delicious! The menu changes based on seasonal ingredients. Definitely order a Mini Indulgence.. or two. ;)

Richard P

Had a nice Birthday dinner at Seasons 52 with a handful of friends. I was quite impressed with the food!

Parking: Parking is easy since it is located in South Coast Plaza. It is also near the valet if you choose not to self park, but there are plenty of spots.

Service: Service was good. We were quickly seated. Our server was attentive and explained the menu for us. Your drink order was even taken while we waited for others in our party to show up. Overall good service with nothing to complain about.

Food: The food was good. I ordered the scallops entree which was delicious. The thing I like about the menu is that every item is less than 450 calories. The menus is seasonal so it's always changing.

Seasons 52 is a great place if you want to try to eat healthy, but want fresh delicious food.

Gene Koh

Terrific ambience, delicious food, and impeccable service- what more could one ask for?

I came here with a friend after watching an afternoon showing of Les Miz at the Segerstrom Center this past weekend. Once we had decided what to order (stuffed mushrooms appetizer, grilled sea scallops for me, cedar-planked salmon for her), the waitress offered to let us sample some wines she recommended to pair with the food. Her choices were excellent and indeed paired well.

Our favorite part of the meal, though, was the little desserts they offer- the mocha macchiato is a can't-miss. Just the right amount of sweet to finish off the meal.

Not recommended to those who expect Cheesecake Factory-size servings. All dishes are supposed to be just 475 calories or less. But for everyone else, particularly those who like food that is both healthy and tasty, a must-try.

Trina D.

I really believe that Seasons 52 is one of the best new restaurants in town. Why? Because their menu changes with every season and they have a weekly menu that changes every week of the year so as to use the freshest ingredients available. Plus, I love that everything on their menu is 475 calories or less. Knowing that small fact helps me indulge a tiny bit when I come here. The place is dimly lit with luscious wooden booths and tables. It would be a great place to have a celebratory dinner or a business dinner with folks from out of town. Granted, being a part of South Coast Plaza, it does have a fair amount of foot traffic.

Last night I met some friends for an early dinner and we ordered up a small feast. Despite having a full bar, they do not carry Land shark lager. This didn't deter me from trying out their chocolate & espresso martini and sangiovese wine. The martini was delightful and the wine went well with my dinner. We tried the shrimp & crab stuffed mushrooms, steak & cremini mushroom flatbread, Maui tuna crunch salad, green salad, BBQ chicken salad, yellowtail tuna rolls, cedar plank salmon, filet mignon, rainbow trout, & chicken. Wow that was a lot of food. I split the tuna salad and tuna rolls with my friend. We thought it was really delicious and the serving was quite generous. I tried a bite of the salmon which was perfectly cooked and moist, yet flavorful. The filet mignon was also perfectly cooked as well. The carrots it came with were a little too crunchy for my taste, but the asparagus and potatoes were perfect.

We even tried the mini indulgence desserts that come in shot glasses. There were quite a few to choose from. I tried a little bite of the peanut butter chocolate swirl and it was delightful. I chose the pumpkin pie since it was in season and it was so delicious. I hear that the key lime pie & meyer lemon poundcake were just the right touch of sugar and spice. They have something for everyone and if someone took a flavor you wanted, they have extras to bring out. Just the right size to have after an amazing dinner.

The service was superb. Our server, Andrew B., even handed us a business card, so that we could request to be seated in his area during our next visit. As we exited the restaurant, I noticed that the restaurant was bustling and most of the tables were full. I would suggest making a reservation during the busy hours or you can stop in while on your next shopping trip at SCP.

• Season's 52Pro 2014
    Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
    4 Oct 23, 2013