Segerstrom Center for the Arts

600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA

3,045 people visited Segerstrom Center for the Arts

Alice Ly
    5 Mar 09, 2014

I really appreciate it when broadway productions show here instead of my having to make the trek to Los Angeles. Although, sometimes, you just have to watch it in LA for the "full experience." :)

Shows I've seen here:

**CATS**

We had nosebleed seats, so the experience wasn't as great. However, they were free tickets from a family member, so I cannot complain! :D

**WICKED**

We had Balcony seats. It was a little odd sitting to the side of the stage, but I did like that I have an aerial view so I could see everything :)

**BEAUTY & THE BEAST**

I was lucky to have Orchestra seats, however, it was right under the Loge area, so I didn't like how something was "looming" over me. It was the closest I've ever been to the stage though!

**PRIDE & PREJUDICE IN SAMUELI THEATER**

Since this was in the Samueli Theater it was MUCH MORE INTIMATE to the stage. I absolutely LOVED this play and the small theater. It felt like a large classroom instead of a theater and the actors were superb. :)

Not to mention the buildings are gorgeous and great photo opps.

Lovely theater :)

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversHistory BuffsLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
  • Segerstrom Center for the ArtsPro 2014
    Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
    4 Oct 18, 2013

This Performing Arts Center is the epicenter of where the larger cultural events in OC take place. It is also a stunning piece of architecture.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversLocal CultureLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Schel
    5 Aug 29, 2013

WOW what a wonderful exerpience this was seeing Memphis at the Segerstrom. The voices that these actors and actresses had were beyond amazing. I can hardly believe how awesome this musical turned out to be.

I am still thinking WOW. Well I didnt know what to expect of this musical. I knew it would be something fun and new for me to see. It was that and more. Essentially the plot discusses how integration happened through music. Parts of the story were undefined (as in all plays) but this show was beyond outstanding. I dont know anyone who was not completely excited about having seen this one.

PRO TIP: Park at South Coast Plaza and save a few bucks on the parking garages or $20 valet costs!

The Segerstrom was an outstanding venue. The sound carries so well in it and the offsetting tiers were visually stimulating and different. I am still happily amazed at how fun it was to experience this show. Multiple banks of elevators and a super wide easy to climb staircase were there to deliver you to the various levels. The exterior of the building was extremely beautiful and a bit atypical as many theatres are nowadays.

Memphis was the second best musical/play that I have ever seen. I am still in awe of how delightful it was. I have now been to about 15 musicals/plays so its not like im a newb to the theatre.

Gotta say it was a lot of fun hanging out with a bunch of friends before and during the show; Audrey L, Petey H, Jennilee E, and Dani S =) Thank you for the help with tix to Laura S and waiting till we got there to go in even if it cost us a cookie or two haha, its a good thing you took mine at least, since I would be wearing it around my waist right now otherwise. Also fun to see Bob T chilling in the crowd right in front of us!

What a wonderful night is about all I can say about this opening night. It went off without a hitch!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFamily TravelersLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Eleanor E
    5 Aug 10, 2013

Top-flight live entertainment a mere 15 minutes from the house -- please go to their website, scfta.org, for more information.

Britta W
    5 May 22, 2013

If you love music, you should definitely check out their schedule. We have been to some really amazing performances, including opera, musicals, classical and some incredible organ concerts, since the center houses it's very own organ. They do also have an attached smaller venue that regularly offers performances specifically for children.

Leti V
    5 May 05, 2013

Enjoy a top rated play or ballet while you're here and it's located right across the street from South Coast Plaza Mall - 6 minutes from the house!

Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    5 Nov 29, 2012

Beautiful place to watch shows..they even have rush student tickets..you have to call ahead to conform that they do have tickets for that particular show for that specific date...rush student tickets are in awesome seats...you have to have your student tickets in order to get them & you have to be there early to pick them up.

Debbie Miller
    4 Aug 08, 2012

I've been to several shows here and the theater is great. The seats are situated in such a way that each is decent, and they host a variety of shows each year, from Broadway hits to renowned ballets.

Trina D.
    • Local Culture

I've been to quite a few shows at Segerstrom since I live in Orange County. The will call window is very efficient. My cousin and I had parked at Scott's for drinks and headed over to the theater for the show. I picked up my tickets at 6:25pm for the 6:30 show. We were ushered in quickly and found our seats. The place was packed. The bathroom line was long but moving. I didn't appreciate the rude comments from people as we waited in line. Seriously? Are we that childish? Apparently they are...

The decor is definitely dated, but not in a good way. While it lacks the opulence of a theater like the Pantages, it makes up for in convenience and proximity. And as much as I love musicals, Segerstrom is closer to me than the Pantages and I prefer to not have to drive all the way to Hollywood to see a show that I can certainly see in Orange County. You can get discounted tickets from sites like GoldStar for upcoming shows. If you'd like to buy presale tickets before the public, follow OCPAC on twitter. Most of the seats are great and if you sit farther back, bring some opera glasses with you. One of the best places for a date because you can grab a quick bite at any of the outstanding restaurants nearby and head to the show after.

Nancy K