Trip Plan Details
- Dr Pepper Museum300 South 5th Street, Waco, TXrecommended Dr Pepper MuseumThough Waco is better known for other things, it's also the home of Dr Pepper and this diverting little soda museum, soda fountain and gift shop. There's a ton of vintage memorabilia through the ... read moredecades of the 20th century. The on-site "Free Enterprise Institute" that sings the glories of capitalism wasn't quite my style, but the cases of Dr Pepper made with real cane sugar (instead of corn syrup) were.Sara Benson
This would be a slight detour from your most direct route, but it's a fun stop if you're a Dr Pepper or vintage soda fan.
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel2024 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX 77550recommended Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand HotelA grand palm-lined driveway leads to Galveston's historic Hotel Galvez, which first opened in 1911. (The hotel celebrated its 100-year-old anniversary two years ago with an $11 million renovation.) ... read moreThe atmosphere of the eight-story hotel is still firmly rooted in its local history (there's a wonderful museum about the hotel's history in the basement), but the interiors now include modern comforts, like a five-star spa, lobby bar and dining area. Another highlight is the large outdoor swimming pool, complete with a swim-up bar and comfy lounge chairs tucked beneath pergolas.Ramona Flume
And this is a fabulous hotel if you choose Galveston...
recommended GalvestonThe Texas coast has its share of popular beach towns, but the island of Galveston has enough history and family-friendly attractions to please every type of traveler. The historic Strand district ... read moreattracts visitors with several interesting boutiques and local eateries housed within dramatic Victorian structures dating back to Galveston's heyday in the 1890s. Lively beaches, bordered by a paved Seawall (perfect for joggers, cyclists and photographers), are popular with families, young travelers and fishermen. And a newly opened Pleasure Pier (a $60 million addition to the shoreline) now operates various carnival games and 16 exciting rides, including a 100-foot-tall Ferris Wheel.Ramona Flume
Hi Shelley! Galveston is my favorite place on the Texas coast, but South Padre Island and Port Aransas are also nice.
- Goode Company Barbeque5109 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX, United Statesrecommended Goode Company BarbequeIf you're going to be in Houston, then you need to eat some BBQ...and might as well go fir the best. This place is old school cafeteria style...get on line, grab your tray...choose your meat(s:) ... read moresides, and beverage an experience Texas BBQ nirvana...
- Surfside BeachSurfside Beach, TX
- Bayou Bend1 Westcott Street, Houston, TX 77007-7009
- Battleship Texas527 Battleground Road, Baytown, TX 77520
- Art Car Museum140 Heights Boulevard, Houston, TX, United States
- Rothko Chapel 1409 Sul Ross Street, Houston, TX 77006-4829
- Chocolate Bar1835 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX, United States
- Buffalo Bayou Park3600 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019-1602
- Museum of Health & Medical Science1515 Hermann Drive, Houston, TX 77004-7126
- Houston Museum of Natural Science1 Hermann Circle Drive, Houston, TX 77030-1749
- NASA Johnson Space Center2101 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX, United States
- Children's Museum of Houston1500 Binz Street, Houston, TX, United States