Shinjuku New City Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 74%Luxury Travelers
- 74%Green Travelers
Member Reviews (5)Write a review
- Shinjuku New City HotelMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2Apr 28, 2014
In order to achieve a proper balance one must go to extremes occasionally and this establishment pulls it off quite nicely. It’s close enough to the station and has plenty of places to go shopping and the night life within walking distance is quite good, but there’s also a very large park right across the street for nature lovers or people who just want to relax.
The rooms are clean and have a very cozy feel to them and the Mermaid café down stairs is an excellent terrace like restaurant with a wide variety of tasty dishes to eat.
It’s also worth mentioning that the hotel is quite safe in almost every regard. They really want all out on the earthquake safety measures. It's not cheap, but it's worth the price.Recommended for:
- Shinjuku New City HotelMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
First time to Tokyo in 2003, we wanted to stay in Shinjuku area and a place which is not too expensive, and we found this hotel. It is not too far and about 10 mins walking from the main Shinjuku station. Its a good 3 1/2 star and at that time we only paid about $100 per night, and shared it with a friend. Around Shinjuku, I would recommend to stay at this place. Another good thing about it is also they give you a free shuttle ride to the station.
Dining options at Shinjuku New City Hotel include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. This 2.5 star property offers audio visual equipment and business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas.
There are 400 guestrooms at Shinjuku New City Hotel. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations with handheld showerheads. They also offer bidets, makeup/shaving mirrors, and bathrobes. Televisions have satellite channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, blackout drapes/curtains, and clock radios. Guests may request irons/ironing boards and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Business Center
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
Good!1003 reviews across the web.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Internet100% thought it was a great value.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationEasily accessible by car, said 93%.
- Hotel90% thought it was clean.
- Food71% were happy with the price.