- Java Road Municipal Services Building99 Java Roadrecommended Java Road Municipal Services BuildingContrary to the name, Java Services Municipal Building has nothing to do with local government administration. Instead, it is a large building with the first floor devoted to produce, vegetables, and ... read morepoultry and the second floor devoted to hawker stalls. There are no tourists that go here, which gives the place a real hole-in-the-wall feel. I personally recommend going to "Good Shop" and ask for the black pepper fried chicken with rice topped with gravy sauce. It's good in a hearty sort of way.
- Tim Ho WanShop 8, 2-20 Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok, Kowloonrecommended Tim Ho WanTim Ho Wan is the only dim sum restaurant thus far that has a Michelin star. It's also suppose to be the cheapest Michelin star restaurant. Most of the dishes cost no more than $2-3. While I think Tim ... read moreHo Wan is a wee bit overhyped, it's still a place worth going, particularly for their buttermilk-style steamed pork buns.recommended Tim Ho WanA dimsum classic in Hong Kong, although some outlets are better than others. I would recommend the one at Olympic (formerly here at Mong Kok) and not the outlet at IFC. Be prepared to queue - not ... read morerecommended if you have young children that bore easily.
commented on this trip
- Tsui Wah Restaurant19 Wellington Street, Hong Kong Hong Kongrecommended Tsui Wah RestaurantOne of the best, classic Hong Kong "cha chan tengs". Some outlets open 24-hours, including this one near Lan Kwai Fong which I frequented many a late night! Yummy food guaranteed to scratch that ... read moremidnight foodie itch.
- Yung Kee Restaurant32 Wellington Street Hong Kong Island, Hong Kongrecommended Yung Kee RestaurantPricey but classic roast goose restaurant in Hong Kong - one of the "must go" places for tourists and visitors. Don't waste your time with the BBQ and roast porks (or even anything else in my ... read moreopinion). Just focus on the roast goose and century egg with congee or just as an appetizer. The goose (with the sauce) is delicious - always order takeaway on the last day of my holiday to take home with me! I also like the ambiance (where I can eat in peace and not feel rushed), compared to other good goose places in the city.
- Sing Heung Yuen2 Mei Lun Street, Central, Hong Kongrecommended Sing Heung YuenThe beef and tomato macaroni soup here is lovely! Warms the cockles of your heart, but be prepared to queue a little.
- Wing Wah Noodle Shop89 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kongrecommended Wing Wah Noodle ShopIf I could only eat at one restaurant in Hong Kong, this would be it for the prawn dumpling noodles.
- Avenue of Stars香港星光大道recommended Avenue of StarsHK version of Hollywood Walk of Fame but in a nicer location and not crowded.
- Victoria Peak1 Lugard Road, Hong Kong Island Hong Kongrecommended Victoria PeakA must see if you HK. Amazing view of the harbor and the famous HK skyscraper.