Silicon Valley and the Peninsula Travel Guide
Tribes: Who likes this place?
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 94%Business Travelers
- 76%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 76%Family Travelers
- 68%Nightlife Lovers
- 68%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (77)
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Mar 07, 2014
If you like tech, then you must drive around in the Silicon Valley. You will see many iconic tech giant HQ like Google, Apple, Yahoo, and numerous other. Some of those can bee see in the freeway.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8Dec 09, 2013
I'm a socal guy at heart, but if I wouldn't mind living in this area.... especially if I could afford it! Palo Alto particularly stands out to me as a great place to live and raise kids in the shadow of Stanford University.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesWellness+ 2Nov 12, 2013
Went to Stanford and it was the best 4 years of my life! Overall great place to live, the weather is incredible and the restaurants surrounding the campus are great as well.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Nov 01, 2013
The Bay Area is the home to Silicon Valley, and one of the most beautiful regions in America. Great weather and so many things to do here! And the food... so many options, with the local diversity making the Valley such a wonderful place to live.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaOct 19, 2013
What I love the most about Silicon Valley is how many great international and ethnic restaurants are hiding in the strip malls off the major highways. Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Malaysian, Filipino, Pakistani - whatever flavors you're craving, you can probably find them here if you're willing to do a little research first.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Sep 28, 2013
I've known people who dreamt of visiting Silicon Valley, early adopter tech-heads who wanted to make the pilgrimage to the digital heartland of the world. Silicon Valley definitely has a lot to offer: amazing restaurants, lots of greenery, mansions, great schools and lots of parking.
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersApr 04, 2013
The home of technology, startups and everything that goes with it. It's not the most happening place in terms of nightlife (you'll have to venture out to San Francisco for that), but there are some great restaurants and lots of impressive people to be found everywhere!
- Silicon Valley and the PeninsulaAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3Feb 19, 2013
It's where I grew up, and technology startups are abundant. As for visiting, I admit I gravitate towards my old haunts, but am always game to search for the latest and greatest. Asian food is great here and I always end up shopping.
Trips that include
By Todd C
By Albert Qian
By Kat Sun
By Kat Sun
By li sa
Recently Reviewed Hotels in Silicon Valley and the Peninsula
- 11 days ago
"This stunning space is an ideal place to call home, whether you’re here for..."
- 3 months ago
"This hotel has the most amazing bath robes. roar! :)"
- More Silicon Valley and the Peninsula hotel reviews