Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 74%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Singer109 HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersWellness+ 4Mar 13, 2014
From the outside, the hostel does not look like much - nestled in East Berlin, it looks very industrial and basic. Once you walk in, however, the experience changes. A large, open entryway leads to a clean, elegant hostel. Hostels generally tend to be funky and artsy, and there are plenty like that in Berlin, but this one is quiet, clean, and comfortable. It's close to Alexanderplatz via the U5, and also has hostel apartments that are well priced for a larger group or family staying. If you are looking for a good price and quiet location, then this is the place, although other hostels are better if you're looking for a more social travel experience, as hostels often offer.
- Singer109 HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Feb 25, 2014
Singer109 is situated a bit off the beaten hostel path in a very quiet and residential area of Berlin, filled in February with long leafy walking paths, nondescript buildings and a frozen swimming pool. The interior was an unexpected contrast: the vast, sunroof-topped lobby was full of character. A grand piano standing outside the restaurant, plant-draped balconies stretching up five stories and elegant glass elevator were nice touches. The multilingual front desk was friendly and welcoming. And unlike other Berlin hostels, it feels possible to get good rest in the peaceful, seemingly immaculate and spacious Singer109 -- with even lower prices. There are also very reasonably priced apartments for those traveling with friends or family. With a view of Berlin's TV tower from the outside, it's also only a few stops away from more happening areas of Berlin on the U5 subway line.
- Singer109 HostelFirst to ReviewOct 09, 2012
A bit far off main attractions but Berlin's great transportation system makes it easy and fast to reach.
Quite hard to find thou, I arrived late in the evening and I don't think I would have found it if I didnt speak some German.
Excellent!270 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- AmbianceGreat ambiance. 100% of guests enjoyed it.
- Hotel Building100% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 100%.
- PriceGreat price. 89% satisfied guests.
- HotelHotel is great. 88% of the guests liked it.