One of the best things you can do after visiting the Great Barrier Reef while is Carins is ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Great views. You won't see any wildlife but the view is worth the money. It was a while ago now so I can't remember how much it cost but it was definitely worth it.
Things to do near Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for Backpackers
- 10.17 mi
- 23.64 miKuranda QLD, Australia3.64 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway2 reviews
- 37.26 miCairns QLD, Australia7.26 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway3 reviews
Went up to cairns to dive the Great Barrier Reef as for beginner divers I was told this is probably the place to get the most out of your experience and they weren't wrong loved diving and am now hooked for life. Didn't get to do to much in cairns but the few places we went were very fun and ...Popular with
- 46.98 mi319 Draper Street, Cairns QLD, Australia6.98 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
I had never been scuba diving before and I was excited to be doing so in the Great Barrier reef. Deep Sea Divers Den offers introductory packages to the n00b scuba diver. You don't need to be certified to dive in the introductory course; they take you through a lesson on the boat and one in the water. Then you ...Popular with
- 57.53 mi
- 67.37 mi
- 77.61 mi
- 87.59 mi7.59 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway3 reviews
We made the mistake of choosing Silverswift to view the Great Barrier Reef. While the cruise boat was large and nice, it was way too big and they take you to an area that they basically destroyed by building a base out in the middle of the barrier reef. Therefore, you miss out on the true beauty of the reef. ...
- 97.53 mi
- 107.6 miMarlin Marina | E Finger #3, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia7.6 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
Diving the Great Barrier Reef has been at the top of my list for some time so I was thrilled when a friend told me about this overnight diving trip for certified divers, snorkelers AND non certified divers wanting to give it a shot. The only thing that made me nervous is that my husband David and I would be ...Popular with
- 117.28 mi
- 127.5 mi116 Spence Street, Cairns QLD, Australia7.5 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
Great company and great scuba guides. I had a blast here with these guys and I loved every minute of my 3 day trip on the water. I learned so much and had a great, safe time doing it. It was one of the best parts of my trip to Australia. The Great Barrier Reef was so beautiful, and I ...
- 137.53 mi410 Sheridan St.7.53 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
You can get a perfectly good rental car for less. OK, it may have a dent or two, but your ride will blend in, cost less, and get you there. If you want air conditioning, ask for it. They have a decent variety of vehicles and will pick you up at the airport. My sister and I used it for ...Popular with
- 147.17 mi143 Lake Street, Cairns QLD, Australia7.17 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
Leading dive trips to the Great Barrier Reef, the Coral Sea and Cod Hole since 1969, Mike Ball has a great reputation. We didn't pick the best timing season wise, but still had a great trip. If a live aboard trip the Great Barrier Reef is on your bucket list, Mike Ball will get you there and show you a ...
- 157.98 mi
- 167.5 mi
- 1727.01 miPort Douglas QLD 4877, Australia27.01 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway2 reviews
The Wildlife Habitat has three areas, the Rainforest, Grasslands, and the Wetlands. Each area highlights the Australian wildlife of that area, mostly birds. The best part are the wallabies and kangaroos in the grassland, which you can feed. There's a koala photo exhibit that lets you hold a koala since that was still legally in Queensland at the end of ...Popular with
- 1820.63 mi
- 1926.19 mi16 Teamsters Close, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia26.19 mi from Skyrail Rainforest Cableway1 review
The Port Douglas shuttle stops at the Wildlife Habitat and the resorts, going into or out of town. When I was there, a one way ticket was $5 and a return ticket $9. Some of the shuttles will stop at the posted bus stops. The actual buses look similar to the buses used by other shuttles, so look for the ...