Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design

6362 E Santa Ana Canyon Road, Anaheim, California 92807-2365

Diane V
    2 May 13, 2014

I came because it was close to my friend's house and had good Yelp reviews. To be honest, the burgers are only ok. I've had better at Fuddrucker's, Angelo's, and even Red Robin. I created my own burger and added a fried eggs and avocado to it. All the toppings that would make for a great Diane burger, and this one turned out to be average at best. The meat wasn't as tender as I'd hoped and was not bursting with that delicious cow taste I love so much. My friend really enjoyed his burger though. I think he may have thought it was one of the best burgers he's ever had, but unfortunately I can't really agree. The fries were pretty good though. Additionally, the service was lackluster, and the server took forever to get us drinks or ask me for another beer, but the beer was good (not that they had any control over that). Of course, my friend thought the opposite, but it was only because he thought she was hot stuff and was more forgiving of her slow service than I was. Meh! Would I recommend it? Sure, I think everyone should try a well-reviewed burger joint at least once. Would I come back? Nah, probably not.

Kadie L
    4 Feb 21, 2014

I made my own burger and it was perfect! I love bacon, but not a fan of bacon and burger mixed so I just got a regular beef party. You select your own bread and toppings. I went with the bacon pretzel roll added, some fritos, gouda, guacamole, tapatio ranch, with arugela and tomato. It was heavenly! Stop in if you like to mix things up.

Finish it all off with a Maple bacon milkshake!

Recommended for:Local CultureFoodiesTrendstersFamily Travelers
    Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    2 Aug 22, 2013

Disappointing. The bun was way too big compared to the meat. And the restaurant smell was really distracting - it smelled like an old wet mop! Really wanted to like this place.

Rosemary Tsai
    1 Sep 25, 2012

Hate it, over rated, don't like it, period.

I was so excited to try this place and thought maybe this place could replace the amazing Burger Bar I know in Las Vegas, but I was SO WRONG. The burger I got was semi-warm and not hot. The creme of mushroom sauce that I thought would go perfect with my burger turned out to be nasty, slimy and cold. The sauce tasted like cold, uncooked/undone egg whites. It was the nastiest food I ever ate and had in my mouth. Blah, hate it, would never eat at this place ever again. What a waste of my $15.00 on a burger. In & out burger tasted WAY BETTER than this shitty place. The Widow Maker burger @ Claim Jumper for $15 dollar also tastes WAY BETTER. What a waste of my money.

Oh, and to make the matte worse, while I was walking to my seat, the floor was oily, squeaky, and sticky. How disgusting can this place get. If the floor is already this dirty in the dinning area, what is the kitchen like? If you are planning to eat here, make sure you have a strong stomach; otherwise, you might caught some stomach flue, seriously.

MARiAN L
    2 Jul 14, 2012

I've been here twice but I still don't like it. I wish I could like it like everybody else! I wanna taste what they're tasting! Wah.

The first time I went here was a few months after they first opened. My burger was a little burned and the vampire dip was just gross to my taste buds with an extra splash of too much oil.

The second time I went there was earlier this year. My burger tasted better but wasn't spectacular. I like In N Out better. I tried the vampire dip again and it still tasted the same to me.

I will probably give it another try because I want to taste a good burger from there. That kind that everyone else has been tasting.

Richard P

Wow! Slater's has everything I shouldn't be eating, but everything taste so good. This place is not good if you are trying to lose weight, but the food is really good. They are famous for their 50/50 burger which is 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon, but they also have a lot of other great options.

Service: The wait was not too bad. For a party of 6, we waited about 30 minutes with no reservations. The staff is attentive and took care of our table well. They were willing to answer questions about the menu and our drinks were always full.

Food:

BURGER
    -------------
    Even though they are famous for their 50/50 burger. I actually ordered something else. The 50/50 burger is only served well done because it contains pork. I opted to create my own burger. I went with the Fire Beef (beef with chopped up jalapenos mixed in) on a brioche bun, topped with gruyere cheese, garlic aioli, grilled onions, jalapenos, grilled green peppers, lettuce, over medium egg, and guacamole. It was very good. The meat was a little over done (ordered medium), but it still tasted good.

Sides
    --------
    We ordered a appetizer sampler with the choose 2 options. We got the onion rings and fried dill pickles. Bother were very good. They were battered in a light beer batter. The onion rings were also sliced very thin. It was delicious.

Vampire Dip
    -----------------
    The Vampire Dip is awesome. It is a cheesy garlic artichoke dip served in a bread bowl and some pita bread on the side. It is delicious, but also very unhealthy. The dip was great. However no one attempted to eat the actual bread bowl because you could just see the oil soaked in. If you haven't been here you should try it. I wouldn't suggest you eat this regularly. Maybe once in a while as a treat.

Milk Shake
    ---------------
    The milk shake was great. It is made with vanilla ice cream with your choice of mix ins. We all split a milk shake with Oreo cookies and Nutella. We were stuffed after dinner which is why we all split. But this was so good, I actually kind of felt hungry again. I wish I had a whole on to myself.

Good Food. Decent Service. Two Bars and Plenty of TV's. This would be a great place to catch a game. Overall a good time. The only negative was that the Lakers lost last night! =P

Candice Cendana

Everything is great -- except the service. Otherwise it's a must-visit! Customize your own burger- what more could you ask for?

Sharon F

It's really good, but I feel like it is overhyped. Maybe that's because there is not a lot happening in Anaheim Hills? They talk up the burger with bacon in it, but it's not as juicy and flavorful as one of their regular burgers.

Darlene W
    5 Jul 31, 2013

Great burgers, definitely order their signature dip!

Jennifer O
    5 Jul 24, 2013

Create your own gourmet burger.

Jose Gutierrez
    5 Aug 05, 2012

We hungry, :)

4,825 people visited Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design

Slater’s 50/50 was founded in 2009 in Anaheim around a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Together, Scott Slater and Executive Chef Brad Lyons created the world's first 50/50 Burger – 50% ground bacon and 50% ground beef -- that has won a number of awards and accolades and been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel's Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel's ... read more
United States of Bacon.
Specialties: Gourmet burgers, craft beer, comfort food, bacon and beef patties, sandwiches, salads, desserts, speciality cocktails, milkshakes, mac and cheese, appetizers. Beers on tap rotated daily.

6 Locations: Anaheim Hills, Huntington Beach, Lake Forest, Pasadena, Rancho Cucamonga, and San Diego. Call in advance for reservations but same day reservations not available. Walk-in's always welcome!

Resort at Pelican Hill