Sleep Train Amphitheatre

2050 Entertainment Circle, Chula Vista, CA

• Sleep Train AmphitheatrePro 2014
    Grace C.
    3 Oct 10, 2013

The venue for a concert is great. Reminds me of Irvine Meadows. There is a pit section (that's really wide) and seats and then lawn in the back. I had a seat that was a few rows back from the pit section, so it wasn't too bad. The rows were wide enough that you didn't have to move much for people that had to get past you to get to their seats. There were also cup holders. There are food options at the venue, mostly hot dogs, nachos, chicken fingers, etc. There is also alcohol.

It was super easy to get in the venue (I had my ticket already in hand) and parking was free. (on the ticket it said that parking was "included"). The actual parking was another story.

Because I had used my app Waze to get to the amphitheater, it actually took me the back road to get there, so I didn't have to sit in the traffic to the venue that started 2 exits before the exit you needed to get off on the 805. I'm pretty sure it saved me at least 30 mins and a headache.

The only reason this venue doesn't get a better rating is because of the parking situation. I knew going in this was a one way in one way out venue, like Glen Helen, but man, it was bad. Because the only traffic control they have going on is on the actual street - which is just to make sure that you go left or right depending on what lane you are in, there really is no CONTROL. I've never been at a place that has large crowds like this that doesn't have a better plan of getting the people from the parking lots out. They could totally do a better job WITHIN the parking lot to help with the flow.

To move 50 feet, it took me 45 mins, and I was STILL IN THE PARKING LOT. Luckily, I was in the front lot, the one closest to the entrance, so once I got in the driveway and got out onto the street, it was easy to get out to the freeway. Once again, using my trusty Waze app, Waze took me up another really winding road to get out to the main road to the 905 onramp so I also avoided the traffic of those heading out the way I came in.

There were people that just waited in the parking lot. You are allowed to tailgate - no alcohol - so some just pulled out their bbq's and started making some food since they knew they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. I might have just decided to take a nap, but I was driving back to LA that night, so even if that meant that I sat in the pain that was to get out, I knew it was faster than waiting around.

• Sleep Train Amphitheatre
    Andrea Arvizu
    4 Jul 24, 2014

Great outdoor venue for concerts.

Recommended for:Nightlife LoversOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Sleep Train AmphitheatreAmbassadorPro 2014
    Veronica Raye
    4 Nov 18, 2013

Lots of space to sit in the grass, decent sound system but poor public transportation: tacos, etc.

Recommended for:Nightlife LoversTrendsters

11 people visited Sleep Train Amphitheatre
  • Category:

Quality Suites Otay Mesa
Quality Suites Otay Mesa
San Diego Days Inn (Hollister)
San Diego Days Inn (Hollister)
Hotel del Coronado