Slim Goodies Diner

3322 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115

• Slim Goodies DinerPro 2014
    Nerds on the Road
    3 Jun 30, 2014

Slims was really busy when we showed up at noon on a Sunday but the wait wasn't too long. We found a couple vegetarian things on the menu but watched them get cooked right after someone's bacon on the same grill, a sad inevitability when eating out, but nicer not to watch. Great food but not sure we'll return.

Recommended for:VegetarianLocal CultureFoodiesTrendsters
  • Slim Goodies Diner
    Sankar
    5 Feb 02, 2013

We had our first breakfast of this year here and it is probably still the best till now. Ordered creole slammer and pancakes. Everything was delicious and definitely a place not to miss in New Orleans.

• Slim Goodies Diner
    Kelly Hays

This may have been the best breakfast I've ever eaten. I don't go in for the super heavy fare like a mountain of pancakes or bushels of biscuits and greasy sausage that comprises a lot of breakfast food. So it's a pleasure to find a place that offers absolutely delicious, light breakfast offerings that leave me feeling energized, not like I need a nap after eating even though I just got up.
    I think my breakfast was called "The Guatemalan", but I'm not sure. It came with an egg--straight out of the hen in the back yard and cooked to order-- really flavorful black beans, slices of avocado, a few flour tortillas, and the kicker, a pair of deep-fried baby plantains. The coffee was smooth and strong and my cup was never empty. The server was very friendly and we had a nice conversation about our favorite episodes of Parks & Recreation.
    My only regret about eating at Slim Goodies Diner was that I didn't get a chance to come back and try more dishes. I can't wait till my next trip to New Orleans so I can correct this oversight.

162 people visited Slim Goodies Diner