Smoqued California BBQ

128 North Glassell Street, Orange, California

• Smoqued California BBQPro 2014

So I am cruising down the road in my 64 (well I can wish cant I?)
    Slappen da'.... WTF IS THAT O_O

Whoa that crappy place beach pit BBQ has been replaced with a new BBQ joint called Smoqued! Talk about gangsta... Gotta love getting smoqued now you know...

So I call up one of my homegirls and set up a grub date for lunch... Well some of the same and some totally different ish here now...

The good: da smoqued meats
    The bad: the parking around lunchtime
    The ugly: the jackwagon who knocked a couple glass bottles of bbq sauce off of a table *SMH*

Well yeah the parking is horrid here. I could utilize a few other unseemly adjectives, but why regress on something negative that Smoqued has no control over?

Pro Tip: It is not beach pit and is a place that I am down to return to...

So they installed a real bar, have a bunch of tasty vittles, and have hired better waitresses. The bar is awesome looking, a nice warm dark wood with a deep lacquer layer. Absolutely beautiful. They have a ton of beers listed on the wall that are microbrews and I believe a full cocktail bar but I didn't inquire on that.

The waitresses for the most part were on top of things. They have a little ways to go, but overall know how to at least serve a table with a smile and understand basic hand signals =) They also got our orders right on the first try!

The grub, the key for all BBQ joints, was tasty tender and tantalizing. I had the brisket as did my friend and it was crumbling it was cooked so slowly. The bark was awesome and the flavor ring was down a centimeter in places. I got the bacon and fries for sides. The bacon was very sweet and tasty while holding a flavor I dont normally experience with bacon. The fries were kinda whatever and nothing that was that outstanding or special IMHO. My friend copied me except in lieu of bacon she got the mac n cheese. I stole a bite of that and found it to be very very tasty.

Overall I really liked the grub. The service was ok. So overall this place is definitely worth checking out and going to. Check it out sometime as its the best bbq I have found in Orange.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents