Snooze: an A.M. Eatery

3940 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92103

Rhia R.
    5 May 15, 2014

You'll do anything but actually snooze at this restaurant. I've heard some griping in regards to the wait, but coming in during a regular weekday an hour before closing made the wait time absolutely 0 for me. I found their Eggs Benedict selections too hard to resist while skimming the menu. Got myself a Chillaquiles Benny and gave myself a mental pat on the back once I took that first bite. I felt no guilt whatsoever while devouring my plate happily. Could have been because of sheer starvation from barely eating anything in the morning, but it probably would have been the same experience otherwise. The servers are very upbeat, and I absolutely loved how they were playing hip-hop in the background. I'll be sure to take in the atmosphere a little bit more on my next visit. One of the best breakfast spots in SD, most definitely.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesVegetarian
    Yogic Traveler
    5 Feb 03, 2014

Incredible! There are a lot of great breafast places in San Diego but this is my favorit thus far! They have an amaing selection of pancakes, french toast and eggs. All gourmet and delicious! Plus the service is top notch! Definitely a place to check out if you are in Hillcrest for breakfast or lunch. But be warned it's usually packed with a wait!

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendstersVegetarian
    Juline Busuioc
    5 Dec 12, 2013

Not good for the health nuts out there, too much sugar for me so I could hardly eat a bite but... I went with a friend who really enjoyed it and I have to say the presentation and ineresting variety of food was beautiful!

I put 5 stars particularly bc I left my favorite necklace there and and when I called in good faith, they said they would keep it safe for me! :) Times like this reminds me to have extra faith in humanity.

Truc Nguyen
    5 Mar 08, 2013

Über good!! Totally worth any wait!! We got the ahi Benedict, donut pancake, and pot pie! Everything was very delicious! Including the cocktails!! Mimosas and Bloody Mary ftw!!

Kat
    5 Nov 12, 2012

Awesome brunch spot with very laid back atmosphere. Love coming here. Just be prepared to wait. There's always a line

Sarah Speers

Snooze specializes in breakfast, my most favorite meal of the day! Their food is scrumptious and their ambiance fun and flirty, retro and modern, cool and quirky all in one. The eatery, located on Fifth Ave in Hillcrest, is an open space with towering ceilings and garage-door windows that open up on sunny days (so basically everyday). Sit at the bar and grab a bloody mary or mimosa, or hop into a Jetson-style booth and chow down on some tasty brekky. Their to-die-for pancakes come in a variety of ridiculous mouth-watering flavors including Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Red-Eye Velvet Pancakes. Their eggs are great, especially their benedicts. Whether you're craving savory or sweet, Snooze will surely satisfy and breakfast craving. Be prepared to wait on weekends.

397 people visited Snooze: an A.M. Eatery