Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

120 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103

• Sofitel Philadelphia HotelPro 2014
    Gary G
    5 Jun 30, 2014

I thought this hotel was fantastic! I got a room with two beds, and the room was an okay size for the city, I've been in smaller trust! The bathroom had all of the accoutrements I would expect, and a fantastic bathtub to boot! But what I didn't expect...the beds, more specifically the bedding. I have to tell you, I am one of those weird people that can't ever get a good night's rest in a foreign bed, no matter how tired I am...except for this instance. My goodness, people talked about how comfortable they were before I made the reservations, but to actually experience it, it's fantastic! And we had quite the adventure one evening when I accidentally got us on the wrong bus and we actually ended up walking probably two entire miles in the freezing cold with uncomfortable boots on, so to come back to a piping hot and comfortable bath and have the beds envelope you in genuine bliss, all I can say is that this was well worth the price I paid and then some. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the best bang for your buck in Philly.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers
    Melissa Brown
    5 Jul 01, 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I booked the room after being given a tour of my room options (I wasn't sure if I wanted a suite all to muyself). I picked a room that was one size below a suite for the following weekend. When I arrived I was greeted with the same freindly smiles as I had on my first visit. I enetered my room and fell in love! The bed was amazing - so much so that I nearly bought one! (they offer them for sale through their website). I even chatted with the housekeeper that I was taking a "stay-cation" and she left and returned with tea light candles so I could have a candle lit bath! From top to bottom the staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was spotless and beautfil! I now plan my vacations based on if the city has a Sofiel for my stay.

Daniel M.
    4 Feb 02, 2013

They bend over backwards for your requests here. The guest is god. Its crawling with business travelers and what I assume are folks wanting to appear like part of the elite business traveler crowd? Is that such a thing? I swear I saw them. There's a restaurant and bar on site that definitely serves people other than hotel guests, which is nice when maybe you're short on time and can't go sightseeing, per se, but would like to feel like you saw more than your hotel TV screen. The place has a distinctive style, which I like because it makes it memorable--so many hotels just blur together in the travelers memory. I'll definitely remember the vast, shiny lobby floor and panels hung with modern art.

Recommended for:Business Travelers
    Beth A.
    3 Jul 04, 2014

Very stylish hotel in a prime location. I wandered through lobby/lounge/art gallery for a minute before I could locate the actual front desk, and I felt like I was in a catalog for chic downtown living. I didn't love that first impression, but the room itself was stunning and s p a c i o u s. Hanging out in the on-site bar and restaurant makes you feel like part of the fast-paced Philly scene. People and cars stream by the floor to ceiling windows, diners nibble on small and artfully plated entrees, you could step out the doors and be at any number of bars, clubs, venues, or shops within minutes. It's sensory overload until to get up to the room.

Joan S.

Old Bay popcorn! Yes, I am from Baltimore and proud of it. I couldn't believe they had this as a snack in the chic downstair lounge. Loved this hotel, simply beautiful and luxurious. The location was perfect for me, in the heart of the downtown near everything. Felt very pampered here.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
  • Sofitel Philadelphia HotelPro 2014
    Arlo Hemphill
    3 Jul 05, 2012

Beautiful downtown hotel in a great spot between Rittenhouse Square and the Convention Center. Rooms are spectacular and fully decked out for luxury living. I loved hanging out by the roaring fireplace at the Liberte Lounge - watching people walk by on the street. There is no swimming pool (ugh) and the staff were not as friendly as I would wish, but overall a very good place to stay in the heart of Philly.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
Showing Lowest Prices

Excellent! - 90% of guests recommend

Set in the heart of Philadelphia, this hotel is close to Rittenhouse Square and the Ben Franklin National Memorial, as well as Reading Terminal Market. Other attractions include the Liberty Bell Center and Independence Hall.

Features.
Dining options at Sofitel Philadelphia include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include a health

... read more
club and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property offers limo/town car service and audio visual equipment. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. This Philadelphia property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Wedding services and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff. A total renovation of this property was completed in 2010.

Guestrooms.
There are 306 guestrooms at Sofitel Philadelphia. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, phones, makeup/shaving mirrors, and designer toiletries. Guestrooms offer voice mail and complimentary newspapers. Televisions have video game consoles and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include minibars, complimentary bottled water, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding, extra towels/bedding, and wake up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Valet parking: US$ 40.80 per night (in/out privileges)
  • Airport shuttle: US$ 10

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

Excellent!1871 reviews across the web.

• Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
    97% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
  • Service
    96% found the staff to be very friendly.
    95% thought it was clean.
  • Room
    88% said the beds were comfortable.
  • Food
    77% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
  • Hotel Building
    73% enjoyed the lobby entrance.

Rittenhouse Square