Sofitel Washington DC
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 92%Family Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Sofitel Washington DCNov 04, 2013
I love the French hotel chain, Sofitel. This one has lovely floral arrangements, changed each week. They had just brought in a cherry tree, in anticipation of the D.C.'s cherry blossom season, when I visited. And there's nothing like being greeted with a cheery, “Bonjour, Madame,” after a long day of meetings.
The décor at the hotels changes with the city. The rooms were more muted, more business-like in Washington than in other Sofitels I have visited. Some business people like the interior rooms because they are quiet. I prefer the light-filled exterior rooms.
- Sofitel Washington DCMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 2Jul 05, 2012
Good location, well-maintained facilities, and you can't fault the service! The front desk is on it. The door attendants make sure you never actually have to open the door yourself (and you're luggage is rolled up to the hotel so quickly that you've barely paid the cab driver). Housekeeping is thorough. Bar staff is friendly. On sunny afternoons, you'll find good company sipping cocktails at the outdoor patio.
- Sofitel Washington DCJul 05, 2012
There's a reliability to Sofitels. French accents. European tourists. French food. At this hotel, Le Bar has coffee, tea and small bites. Ici is the French bistro. If you tire of French fare, there are any
number of food choices nearby. And there's a Starbucks in the next block.
At the edge of the business district, and walking distance to the Washington Monument, Sofitel seems to mix business people and tourists easily. It is a genteel atmosphere, and the kids seem to respond to it.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Sofitel Washington DCMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Jul 04, 2012
The Sofitel is well located near the White House and Mall. The decor is a little "off" and some elements make it feel like a refurbished Ramada; however, all-in-all a good place to stay. Service was very good. Rooms were comfortable. Lobby bar and restaurant are stylish and comfortable.
Excellent!1467 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location98% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel95% thought it was clean.
- Room88% said the beds were comfortable.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 75% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Food72% found the breakfast to be wonderful.