About SoHo, New York, NY:
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 94%Local Culture
- 88%Luxury Travelers
- 58%Business Travelers
User Reviews (56 Reviews)
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesAdventure TravelersMar 05, 2014
This is the area south of Houston st (pronounced Howston) and if you're a shopoholic then you're in the perfect spot to feed your addiction. SOHO has a great combination of name brands, luxury brands and local boutique shops. This is one of the trendiest spots in the city to shop for art, clothing, shoes, and jewelery.
The main area is bounded North to South from Houston to Canal and East to West from Lafayette to West Broadway
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Dec 31, 2013
Unfortunately this area has lost a lot of the charm that made it famous, but there is still plenty to see and great places to eat.
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Dec 28, 2013
New York City's famous SoHo gallery district. I remember going their when I was younger but as SoHo's fame grew the vibe of the area started to change and the galleries have begun to branch out from their original centralized location.
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Nov 20, 2013
So Ho (South of Houston) is one of New York's artier districts. Many writers, fashion designers and models live in this neighborhood. It's less crowded than Greenwich Village but there are a few great local restaurants and bars to check out: the Broome Street Pub and Provence among them.
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 01, 2013
One of the more architecturally interesting neighborhoods in the city. Although it has undergone a mall-ification, there are still enough mom and pops for it to have character.
Insanely crowded on werkends between Spring and Houston and along Broadway. Better to visit during the week.
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Oct 16, 2013
SoHo is located in lower Manhattan and is known for their upscale shops and clothing boutiques, as well as their art galleries. It's a cool area of New York and while I often can't afford to buy many of the clothes and paintings sold here, I always enjoy window shopping and observing New Yorkers as they stroll around Soho.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- SoHo, New York, NYMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Oct 08, 2013
I love SoHo!!! There are so many nice Cafés, little clothing stores with individual things and many more! Explore the area, there is so much to see! :)
- SoHo, New York, NYCommunity Manager