Anaheim

We go every year right after they decorate for Christmas. It is unbelievable how many decorations they put up for the holidays. We always go the week before Thanksgiving and during the week, minimal crowds.

Pasadena

I have never lived in Pasadena, just drove thru it on my way to Santa Anita Park and to the Rose Bowl for a USC game. In older Pasadena the houses are huge, stately, gorgeous and beautifully maintained.

Culver City

Culver City is a gem of a city. Fantastic restaurants are everywhere, especially in Downtown Culver. Lots of parks. Very dog friendly city. Not too far from the venice beach!

West Hollywood

Great neighborhood and central to Los Angeles shopping, eateries, travel & nightlife. Always upgrade your hotel room for more comfort & a better night's sleep. Starbuck's, Trader Joe's, Basix Cafe, Marix, LASC, Tender Greens, Beverly Center, Melrose, just so much to see & do.

Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills lives up to the image visitors have in their mind. Expensive cars, the most chic restaurants, couture and stunning hotels! Anything you want is available in BH as long as you have a lot of credit cards.

Long Beach

I know Long Beach's Beach (near 2nd street) is not as famous as Newport or Laguna, but that's the reason I like coming here!!! If you want a beach that you can go to to relax, sleep, read or simply enjoy a beautiful day without screaming kids or people around you; this place is for you!!! I came here because ...

Irvine

I LOVE IRVINE! its my hometown and it is the perfect place to grow up. in recent years many more people have flocked here so it is getting a bit more crowded... housing is expensive but apartments are def affordable. many asian spots to eat from yet you dont get the fobby vibe like Rowland heights or arcadia :) awesome ...

Venice

Great place to people sight see & shopping the boardwalk ;) one of the beaches where I know you've heard, don't get in the water.. so if your looking for a dip in the water further west like any of the Mailbu beaches or further east like Redondo & Hermosa

Costa Mesa

Lived here also, gorgeous place right by the ocean

Arcadia

great schools in this area.. good place to reside.

Glendale

Great place to meet people. :)

Malibu

I adore this part of LA. We loved going to surfrider beach, looking at people surfing and walking along the beach. It is a very relaxing place with beautiful houses and shopping centers.

Los Angeles

Great city with a good selection of foods from all cultures and fun beaches. Traffic is horrible though.

Manhattan Beach

Nice beach. Sand is a bit coarse. Not too crowded. A lot of vball courts. Right next to lots of shops/food. Metered parking only; mostly 2 hr limit which is ridiculous.

Rowland Heights

What an amazing place! A very nice location, close to LA but with less drama. Rowland Heights has a big Asian community and with that comes some of the best Asian cuisine I have ever had the pleasure of eating.

Orange

One of the blander cities in Orange County but home to Chapman University, a good private university which was also the setting of "Accepted".

San Gabriel

Lots of good Asian foood here.

Gardena

I grew up in Gardena and I must say that although it is not the largest or most popular city in the South Bay, it definitely has a lot of delicious food joints. Every time I visit, I try to buy all my favorite foods before leaving back to West LA. My favorite taco truck in Gardena is El Antojito. ...

Garden Grove

The town I grew up in! It doesn't have too much for tourists. What it does have is Little Saigon. The largest concentration of Vietnamese restaurants and stores in the country. If you are looking for a great Vietnamese restaurant or bakery this is the city for you!

Dana Point

Dana Point is a gorgeous spot for sightseeing, lunch overlooking the Pacific Ocean, photography, a walk on the beach or simply watching the surfers.