Southpark Seafood

901 S.W. Salmon Street, Portland, OR

Frances Nguyen
    4 Oct 16, 2013

Southpark serves excellent happy hour items and daily wine specials, in addition to seafood. I had the salmon cakes, marinated olives, and fried calamari. The prices were reasonable and the dishes were good. The wine tasted great too. The decor is modern and impressive. Make sure you go when the weather is sunny, so you can dine outside or eat by the open windows.

Spencer Smith
    4 Aug 02, 2013

Absolutely delicious food. The Salmon was delectable, and the outdoor seating allowed for good people watching. I'd return here on my own, with family/friends, or on a date.

Eric Brink

I arrived in Portland with my son and offered to take him to Dinner. He wanted seafood, but for a 15 year-old boy, he probably meant fish and chips. However, the concierge at The Nines probably didn't get that nuance and recommended South Park. I knew that immediately, but I wanted a nice meal and some good wine. So off we went.

South Park did not disappoint, although I did have to tell him to quit spinning his Bey Blades on the cool wood table and put them away! I enjoyed a wonderful BC steel head trout (with trimmings) and washed it down with a well paired Spanish white. The wine list is very extensive and for a return trip, there's a cool and cozy wine bar in the back.

I actually forgot what kind of fish my son ordered, and although he enjoyed it too, However, I think presentation and style got ahead of quantity in his estimation. I then proceeded to nibble off my plate and pronounced that my choice was better. He then proceeded to a tasty crème brûlée dessert while I lingered with another glass of wine and a cheese plate. Service was pleasant and informative, and our waiter was particularly pleasant and kind to my son.

Even though South Park didn't quite match my teenager's restaurant vision, I really enjoyed the experience, both in this handsome "casual yet elegant" space, but just hanging out. I kept looking at him, marveling on how much he has grown, struck on how handsome he is, and worried about how he will turn out. One day and one relaxing meal at a time.....

Southpark Seafood is a contemporary Northwest seafood restaurant that celebrates the quality products of local producers. Southpark Seafood is a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch® program and PDX Seafood Watch. All of the seafood sold is fished or farmed in ways that minimize the environmental impact. The amazingly fresh seafood and produce of the Pacific Northwest, along with Chef Ryan's passion and innovative culinary vision, delivers a meal that is both creative and delicious to the table at Southpark Seafood.

Located in the heart of Downtown Portland, at the edge of the historic South Park Blocks and Portland's Arts and Culture district, Southpark Seafood is the perfect venue for business lunches, a night out, or to just relax and take in the vibrant energy of downtown.

260 people visited Southpark Seafood

Moderate$$

Mon 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Tue 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Wed 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Thu 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Fri 11:30 am - 01:00 am, Sat 11:30 am - 01:00 am, Sun 11:30 am - 12:00 am

• website: