SP2 Communal Bar + Restaurant
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 70%Nightlife Lovers
- 64%Business Travelers
- 57%Local Culture
- 57%Family Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
- 51%History Buffs
Member Reviews (10)
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 1Feb 16, 2014
This used to be a nightclub before it was transitioned into a restaurant. Honestly I think the transition is good because the new restaurants is a lot classier. I tried the pizza and the mussels here and they were delicious. There's plenty of room for seating in plenty of places for friends to hang out and catch up.
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantMember ofBudget TravelersFoodiesNightlife LoversJan 03, 2014
Nice place in downtown San Jose to lounge and dine at. They offer happy hour 7 days a week, which is hard to come by, and also offer brunch on Saturday and Sunday. I'm a big fan of their Wild Mushroom Fettuccine.
- SP2 Communal Bar + Restaurant
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantNov 03, 2013
Beautiful and modern setting communal bar and restaurant located right in downtown San Jose.
SP2 Communal Bar + Restaurant offers a nice happy hour menu till 7 PM, over 20 cocktails, 15 draft beer, and 16 wines by the glass.
The menu offers plenty of choices of salad, seafood, meat as well as wood fire oven and pasta, a little bit for everyone.
A few dishes that we love:
- Spiced ahi tuna, hearts of Palm, radish, fingerling potato chips, and green vinaigrette .
- Grilled Atlantic salmon, fennel confit, green olive vinaigrette was perfectly cooked, soft and pink inside.
- Mussels with white wine , shallot, garlic, basil, the broth was nice and tasty.
- Roasted shiitake and brussel sprouts was a generous bowl for only $6!
SP2 is a cool place to chill and hang out with friends, good cocktails, food, reasonable price and lovely ambiance.
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantSep 16, 2013
Fun place, awesome happy hour! Happy hour offers really good food & drinks for the price. Outdoor couches are a nice touch, good place to watch games. Service was a little bit slow, but friendly.
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 2Sep 09, 2013
This new(ish) up and comer in the San Pedro Square area has a cool, chill vibe. Do sit outside if the weather's nice! And go for happy hour (duh). Chicken and waffles (don't dis it til you try it), cauliflower, ahi, ribs, truffle fries...mmm. Throw in sangrias and bread pudding for good measure, and chat-nibble-sip-peoplewatch-sip-nibble-sip-sip your evening away.
- SP2 Communal Bar + RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5First to ReviewSep 16, 2013
San Jose has been needing a place like this! SP2 has taken over the old Sabor space and completely transformed it into a gorgeous modern space with a welcoming and chill vibe. The huge bar area is the perfect spot to gather with friends on any given day, and the sprawling patio out front is just screaming weekend brunch party. The airy dining room in the back has a couple large tables great for communal dining or large groups.
The menu is simple yet creative with something for everyone's appetite. The bar is fully stocked and I hope they come up with some enticing specialty cocktails, as they didn't have any during their soft opening.
Excited to return with fellow foodie friends and try everything out!